AIM functions

Is it possible to read in an entire AIM conversation into a variable? And then close the conversation, wipe the variable, and read the next conversation that opened up from a specific person?

I know how to do StringinStr functions and StringReplace stuff. Just not how to do it with AIM... or other messangers, or email, for that matter.

Is it possible to read in an entire AIM conversation into a variable? And then close the conversation, wipe the variable, and read the next conversation that opened up from a specific person?

I know how to do StringinStr functions and StringReplace stuff. Just not how to do it with AIM... or other messangers, or email, for that matter.

The conversations YOU have on AIM are already saved through your preferences on the application. If you are trying to save someone else's conversation without their knowledge, I do not think you will find many people willing to help you.

Good luck.

The conversations YOU have on AIM are already saved through your preferences on the application. If you are trying to save someone else's conversation without their knowledge, I do not think you will find many people willing to help you.

Good luck.

I'm not.... Basically what I want to do is have a script running on my comp at home, and then have AIM open. Then from anywhere else, I want to be able to IM my computer things, it would parse the message, and then run whatever I send it.

I don't want to look at previous convo's, I'd need it to look at an active conversation and parse the conversation every minute or so.

I'm not.... Basically what I want to do is have a script running on my comp at home, and then have AIM open. Then from anywhere else, I want to be able to IM my computer things, it would parse the message, and then run whatever I send it.

I don't want to look at previous convo's, I'd need it to look at an active conversation and parse the conversation every minute or so.

I had created a program a couple years ago that checked an email account and if the subject line of any of the emails was a pretermined subject (i.e. "ShutDownTheDamnComputer") it would perform a predefined task (i.e. shutting down the computer). Is that sort of what you are looking for?

I had created a program a couple years ago that checked an email account and if the subject line of any of the emails was a pretermined subject (i.e. "ShutDownTheDamnComputer") it would perform a predefined task (i.e. shutting down the computer). Is that sort of what you are looking for?

Yeah, that would work. I'd want it to check for a predefined Subject, and then read the messages body and using the Call() function run whatever was in the body exactly as code.

Preferably, I'd like this to work for an instant messanger, but email would be good to.