Slooow Typing/window Question

1. how do i get autoit to type faster in windows xp? i set the key delay to 1 but. it. still. goes. really. slow.

2. is there a way to run a script in only a certain window? allowing scripts to be run in a window that is currently minimized, but is still clicking away and typing in it.

• Developers

1. how do i get autoit to type faster in windows xp? i set the key delay to 1 but. it. still. goes. really. slow.

2. is there a way to run a script in only a certain window? allowing scripts to be run in a window that is currently minimized, but is still clicking away and typing in it.

1. does this also happen when typing characters to notepad ??

2. ControlClick / ControlSend..

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

1. yes, it does

2. so using controlclick and control send will work in a minimized window??

1. strange ... could you post the portion thats slow...

2. yes... try this to demo....

run("notepad.exe")
sleep(2000)
WinSetState('Untitled - Notepad','',@SW_HIDE)
sleep(500)
controlsend('Untitled - Notepad','','Edit1','this is typed while minimised')
sleep(500)
WinSetState('Untitled - Notepad','',@SW_SHOW )
Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

ok, a little info... im adding on to my diablo 2 spambot...

1. only slow in d2

2. control... works in notepad but not in diablo 2... i tried this, whats wrong?

winactivate ("Diablo II", "")

controlenable ("Diablo II", "", "Edit")

controlfocus ("Diablo II", "", "Edit")

controlsend ("Diablo II", "", "Edit", "Account")

At first it was just the focus and the send, then I kept trying to add more to try and get it to work. It doesnt do anything tho. it activates the window, script runs for a second, then it just quits. should i add some rests or something?

(please note that it isnt because there is not a place to type text, there is. the text just doesnt type in.)

Edited by mooboo

• Developers

At first it was just the focus and the send, then I kept trying to add more to try and get it to work. It doesnt do anything tho. it activates the window, script runs for a second, then it just quits. should i add some rests or something?

Send just types the characters to the window/field that has the Focus.

ControlSend will send the characters to the specified control.

Is your control called EDIT that you want to send the character too ??

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Send just types the characters to the window/field that has the Focus.

ControlSend will send the characters to the specified control.

Is your control called EDIT that you want to send the character too ??

So, I don't have to do like Controlsend every time, just the normal Send command??? Sounds easy enough, ill post back after i try it!

• Developers

Just RTFH a bit ... there's a good explanation in the helpfile on it ....

look for "Using AutoIt/Autoit windows spy" .....

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

It's a game, not Windows. It doesn't have controls in the conventional sense that Windows does. Control functions will not work. You will have to have the game open and running (Can't be minimized or hidden, it must have focus), you'll have to manually (By manually, I mean automated mouse clicks) make sure the cursor is in the correct location before you start using Send to send keystrokes.

(Look Larry, I posted in a game-related thread all helpful like. :D )

To make AutoIt send more reliable, it sends a bit differently in the newer versions. If you can find a version before the keydowndelay, it sends a lot faster.

I have a game I send text to, cause I am a lazy typer, and if I send it with autoit, it types about as fast as I can, but if I use the old version, it types 255 characters in the blink of an eye.

I need the new version for a ton of things, but I made a simple script to send the contents of the clipboard to the program, and compiled it, then re-installed the newest version.

Worked like a charm for me. :D

In every program I have tried, the old send works faster than the new one, in some programs they are close, and in some the new send (even with keydowndelay and send at 0 they are about 30cps), however there are a few programs that the old send looses a few characters every now and then, so I am really glad for how it is now.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

lol... nvm about this... new project! close this thread or do whatever... thanks for all the support guys!! :D I got more help than i expected. if you want to check out my site, its pretty cool, we are lookin for administrators... err... moderators....

www.clananp.com

Edited by mooboo

To make AutoIt send more reliable, it sends a bit differently in the newer versions.  If you can find a version before the keydowndelay, it sends a lot faster.

I have a game I send text to, cause I am a lazy typer, and if I send it with autoit, it types about as fast as I can, but if I use the old version, it types 255 characters in the blink of an eye.

I need the new version for a ton of things, but I made a simple script to send the contents of the clipboard to the program, and compiled it, then re-installed the newest version.

In every program I have tried, the old send works faster than the new one, in some programs they are close, and in some the new send (even with keydowndelay and send at 0 they are about 30cps), however there are a few programs that the old send looses a few characters every now and then, so I am really glad for how it is now.

Have you tried changing the attach mode? SendAttachMode or something like that in the help file. I think one of those options is the same as the old versions used...

• Administrators

To make AutoIt send more reliable, it sends a bit differently in the newer versions.  If you can find a version before the keydowndelay, it sends a lot faster.

I'll check the code, I can't remember if pauses of 0 still do a Sleep(0) which would be slower than no pause at all. Or I could make -1 be accepted as "really no pause" and leave 0 as it is.

I'll check the code, I can't remember if pauses of 0 still do a Sleep(0) which would be slower than no pause at all.  Or I could make -1 be accepted as "really no pause" and leave 0 as it is.

Jon If you do something can we have back a value for sleeping for ever as the old sleep(0)? :D

• Administrators

Actually, just checked the code and -1 for SendKeyDelay and SendKeyDownDelay already misses out the sleep completely. It was just undocumented. :D

Edited by Jon

• Administrators

Jon If you do something can we have back a value for sleeping for ever as the old sleep(0)? :D

Sleep(0) never used to wait forever. Iit was a bug that waited for a random and undefined amount of time that just happened to be in most cases so long that it appeared to wait forever....

Sleep(0) never used to wait forever. Iit was a bug that waited for a random and undefined amount of time that just happened to be in most cases so long that it appeared to wait forever....

Bad luck I was use to the bug. But it is not a problem to put 2147483648 :D

I found a workaround, use cut and paste, it's very fast...

EXAMPLE:

$var=$var & 'AutoIt v3 is a BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating ' & @crlf

$var=$var & 'the Windows GUI.It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse' & @crlf

$var=$var & 'movement and window/control manipulation in order to automate tasks in a way not' & @crlf

Run('Notepad.exe' , '', @SW_MAXIMIZE)

winwaitactive('Untitled - Notepad')

Winactivate('Untitled - Notepad')

ClipPut($var) ;copy to clipboard

Sleep(100)

Send('^v') ;paste from clipboard

Sleep(100)