Humor

SpookMeister

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

ProgressOn("Do I give a damn v1.1 - processing...", "Attempting to give a damn...", "")

For $i = 10 to 100 step 10
    sleep(500)
    ProgressSet( $i )
Next
ProgressSet(100 , "Try again another time", "Unable to give a damn. Stopping.")
sleep(3000)
ProgressOff()

If you find any bugs, just run the program again for your solution. :o

Edited by SpookMeister

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

Don't worry, I'll keep my day job.

The story behind it is only moderately more amusing. As I'm a glutton for punishment I'll share that with you as well.

My boss came across this image, then sent an email to me and my co-workers including a comment about needing to develope this software to aid in dealing with certain other people "who shall go un-named".

A few seconds later I had the compiled program made for him, (I am now a coding God in his eyes... who am I to tell him he's wrong) and I thought some of you who might not have seen it before might enjoy it too.

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

Don't worry, I'll keep my day job.

The story behind it is only moderately more amusing. As I'm a glutton for punishment I'll share that with you as well.

My boss came across this image, then sent an email to me and my co-workers including a comment about needing to develope this software to aid in dealing with certain other people "who shall go un-named".

A few seconds later I had the compiled program made for him, (I am now a coding God in his eyes... who am I to tell him he's wrong) and I thought some of you who might not have seen it before might enjoy it too.

i did enjoy it :geek:

:o

[~FuZi0h~]ScriptRipping? = ┴¬┴¬┴┴¬ (My word for sucks.)'FuZi0h, Liope and Rambo3889 4-EvaHelp me by pressin This!all clicks appreciated :)

Just a questing why the guiconstants in it mine works with out

Oh, yeah I started making my own GUI then I realised I could do what I needed with just progresson(). Forgot to clear it out.

• 2 months later...

I stumbled across this post today and thought it was hillarious. Sometimes a damn isnt all you try to give. Here is my version which lets you select between giving a shit, damn, rats ass or crap...

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

GuiCreate("GivA...", 367, 108,-1, -1 , BitOR($WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))

$Progress_1 = GuiCtrlCreateProgress(10, 20, 340, 20)
$Radio_2 = GuiCtrlCreateRadio("Rats Ass", 10, 60, 70, 20)
$Radio_3 = GuiCtrlCreateRadio("Crap", 10, 80, 70, 20)
$Radio_4 = GuiCtrlCreateRadio("Shit", 100, 60, 70, 20)
$Radio_5 = GuiCtrlCreateRadio("Damn", 100, 80, 80, 20)
$Label_6 = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("", 160, 50, 200, 20)
$Button_7 = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Try", 220, 70, 130, 20)

GuiSetState()
While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    Select
    Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop
    Case $msg = $Button_7
        $givewhat = GetGive()
        GUICtrlSetData($Label_6,"Attempting to give a " & $givewhat)
        for $i = 0 to 100
            GUICtrlSetData($Progress_1,$i)
            sleep(20)
        next
        GUICtrlSetData($Label_6,"Unable to give a " & $givewhat)
    Case Else
    ;;;
    EndSelect
WEnd
Exit

Func GetGive()
    Select
        case guictrlread($Radio_2) = 1
            return "Rats Ass"
        case guictrlread($Radio_3) = 1
            return "Crap"
        case guictrlread($Radio_4) = 1