Stringsplit - Testing Multi Substrings?

Group,

I have a question about the use of StringSplit, and perhaps its a matter of syntax. The following code is a snippet of the code I'm working on to update all hotfixes on a given PC. This code test the version of Windows Media Player installed (in this case I'm focusing on WMP 8.0.0.4487 for XP).

$WMPInstalled = RegRead ( 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\' & 'Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}', 'IsInstalled' )
    If $WMPInstalled = '1' Then
$WMPVer = RegRead ( 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\' & 'Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}', 'Version' )
    Else
    EndIf
$WMPVer = StringReplace($WMPVer, ",", ".")
    MsgBox(0, "Windows Media Player", $WMPVer)
$WMPVer = StringSplit($WMPVer, ".")
If $WMPVer[4] = "4487" Then
    MsgBox(0, "String Data", "WMP is version 8")
Endif
Exit

I understand how to check for a specific substring, in the example above the 4th substring. But is there a way to check, in a single statement, multiple substrings? Say the first, second, & third as a group? Such as StringSplit [1][2][3] or must I work through each substring and branch accordingly? i.e. check and see if the version is 8.0.0 at a single check or do I test StringSplit [1] to see if it is 8, if so check StringSplit [2] to see if it is 0, etc.

Perhaps a better example might be trying to test the first 3 octets of an IP address where I'm not concerned about the 4th octet but need to match the computers IP to a list of IP's.

Would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

Z/K

Is this the idea you're going for?

Using the IP because it's simpler...

$ip = "100.200.300.400" ; Of course that's not valid, shhh

$a = StringSplit($ip, ".")
; Should error check here...
If $a[1] >= 100 AND $a[2] < 201 AND $a[3] = 300 Then MsgBox(4096, "Good", "Good")