Sign in to follow this  
chandler8

Finding the handle to a program

chandler8

Hey everyone....I am a financial trader and have a script, with the help from some of you, takes a text file and runs through each symbol and enters this into a text file. The script works, but I now want to run this on my trading platform ( level 2 screen ). How can I find the handle to the level 2 screen so my script can do it's thing. I have used the active window info tool, but haven't found a way to get the handle.

cdkid

umm, i may be wrong but look in the helpfile at WinGetHandle()

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

SmOke_N

Hey everyone....I am a financial trader and have a script, with the help from some of you, takes a text file and runs through each symbol and enters this into a text file. The script works, but I now want to run this on my trading platform ( level 2 screen ). How can I find the handle to the level 2 screen so my script can do it's thing. I have used the active window info tool, but haven't found a way to get the handle.

Look at the WinList() option and use Opt('WinSearchChildren', 1)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

t0ddie

you will need to know the window title

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.