detect mouse double-click?

wccppp

• Moderators

Hello,

Is there any function in AutoIt that will allow me to detect a mouse double-click event? I looked through the functions listed in Mouse Control category and seems they don't fit the need. Any suggestion? Thank you!

- wcc

This may get you started: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default..../setcapture.asp

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Using the data contained in the help file for GuiGetMsg() combined with some data from Microsoft' MSDN' website, I can say that:

AutoIt only detects the following:

AutoIt Constant | Windows Mouse input notification | What this means:

$GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN| WM_LBUTTONDOWN | the primary mouse button was pressed.

$GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYUP| WM_LBUTTONUP |the primary mouse button was released.

$GUI_EVENT_SECONDARYDOWN| WM_RBUTTONDOWN |the secondary mouse button was pressed.

$GUI_EVENT_SECONDARYUP| WM_RBUTTONUP |the secondary mouse button was released.

So i think it is safe for me to assume that AutoIt does not detect the WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK and WM_RBUTTONDBLCLK Mouse notifications.

• Moderators

Using the data contained in the help file for GuiGetMsg() combined with some data from Microsoft' MSDN' website, I can say that:

AutoIt only detects the following:

AutoIt Constant | Windows Mouse input notification | What this means:

$GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN| WM_LBUTTONDOWN | the primary mouse button was pressed.

$GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYUP| WM_LBUTTONUP |the primary mouse button was released.

$GUI_EVENT_SECONDARYDOWN| WM_RBUTTONDOWN |the secondary mouse button was pressed.

$GUI_EVENT_SECONDARYUP| WM_RBUTTONUP |the secondary mouse button was released.

So i think it is safe for me to assume that AutoIt does not detect the WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK and WM_RBUTTONDBLCLK Mouse notifications.

I was assuming you could go 'outside' the box and maybe use a 'DLLCall', a bit presumptious I know, but there wasn't nothing said about 'GUI', so I suggested that route.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.