Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
van_renier

How do I use variables like: $var1.$var2

2 posts in this topic

In the past, I've seen some script snippets that appear to have multiple variables strung together using a dot/period.

What is the reason for this, why would I use it, and how do I asisng them?

I used to use the periods as a demiliter (like a space) in older versions of Au3, but can't, because Au3 now interprets the variable as being the combination of 2 separate variables.

What are some advantages of using this, and how would I go about using (assigning/references/clearing) them (Or a weblink to a good doc on this would also do, but I would need beginner info).

Thanks for your time and help.

Van

"Long live Auto-it!"

In the past, I've seen some script snippets that appear to have multiple variables strung together using a dot/period.

What is the reason for this, why would I use it, and how do I asisng them?

I used to use the periods as a demiliter (like a space) in older versions of Au3, but can't, because Au3 now interprets the variable as being the combination of 2 separate variables.

What are some advantages of using this, and how would I go about using (assigning/references/clearing) them (Or a weblink to a good doc on this would also do, but I would need beginner info).

Thanks for your time and help.

Van

"Long live Auto-it!"

you'll see dot notation periodically with autoit, but only when working with objects. Mainly that means COM or AutoITX. with dot notation, the term on the left side is the object, and the term on the right would be either a property, or a method(function) of the object. as AutoIT3 isn't object oriented and has no real plans to be, it's not something that comes up alot, except when using external objects.

1100111 00001011101111 00011101101111 00010111100100 00001111110100 00110111110010 00101101111001 0011100i didn't make up this form of encryption, but i like it.credit to the lvl 6 challenge on arcanum.co.nz