very newbie: calling a autoitscript from C and back to C, possible?

doggie

I have a fairly big existing autoit script. I want to call it from C via autoitx but stay in the same process. I hope that's possible? Or can I only call normal autoit(x) functions from C and not whole scripts?

Inside that script there are some computing intensive functions which would be faster in C, so I want to call external C functions, either in a DLL or that original .exe file. Pure exported C functions, no COM if possible. Is that possible with autoitx too?

Since I never ever did anything with autoit but used some Python, I explain it once more in python lingo: I want to embed autoit in a C program and then extend the autoit script I'm embedding with C functions.

If both things are possible it would be vrey nice if I could get some example source or a howto for it

As a special goodie: is there a profiler for autoit? or can I profile autoitscripts in any way?

• 3 months later...

Been long time since my last post.

I have a fairly big existing autoit script. I want to call it from C via autoitx but stay in the same process. I hope that's possible? Or can I only call normal autoit(x) functions from C and not whole scripts?

Inside that script there are some computing intensive functions which would be faster in C, so I want to call external C functions, either in a DLL or that original .exe file. Pure exported C functions, no COM if possible. Is that possible with autoitx too?

Since I never ever did anything with autoit but used some Python, I explain it once more in python lingo: I want to embed autoit in a C program and then extend the autoit script I'm embedding with C functions.

If both things are possible it would be vrey nice if I could get some example source or a howto for it

You can export your C functions as a DLL, then use AutoIt's DLLCall to call them from your existing AutoIt script.

#)

edit: as for that profiler, i never actually got round to completing it. TimerInit and TimerDiff will do in your case.

Edited by nfwu