Sign in to follow this  
weasel127

MouseClick Command Duration

Is there a way to "hold" the mouse key down (for left and right click) for a certain duration of time? The normal LeftClick/RightClick commands don't work on some programs that I use because the duration of the click is too short with just the mouseclick("left") command.

Is there a way to "hold" the mouse key down (for left and right click) for a certain duration of time? The normal LeftClick/RightClick commands don't work on some programs that I use because the duration of the click is too short with just the mouseclick("left") command.

MouseDown('Left')
Sleep(1000); replace 1000 with how long of a duration
MouseUp('Left')
Help file has all of that :o Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Sure thing. I looked in the helpfile, something you should have done, and found this definition of MouseDown:

Perform a mouse down event at the current mouse position.

Syntax: MouseDown ( "button" )

Parameters

"button" - The button to click: "left", "right", "middle", "main", "menu", "primary", "secondary".

Oh, sorry. I just started this program awhile ago and I'm still a newbie at this ^^";; . Next time I'll check help files first before posting here. Thanks for the advice!

Did you search mouseclickdelay in the help? :o

I think he's looking to hold the button down longer... Not time between clicks themselves... I guess then MouseClickDownDelay would have been a good option too. (I could be wrong about what he wants specifically)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I think he's looking to hold the button down longer... Not time between clicks themselves... I guess then MouseClickDownDelay would have been a good option too. (I could be wrong about what he wants specifically)

I was expecting he can read the help and the other options around the same subject.

I am always "fighting" (educating) those who does not use the help file and ask question first.

Sometime the help file is not perfect but reading inside is always good. :o

u know sum1 should really spam every forum, creating thousands of threads with the link to the help file, just like a function per thread, you know it could solve the problem :o