COM Problems

I have been trying for the life of me to write a client for an Server Client standard called OPC.

There is a automated dll called opcdaauto.dll

The structure of which goes

OPC Server

OPC Groups (collection)

OPC Group

OPC Items (collection0

OPC Item

I am able to access each of the Interfaces properties and methods except for the last one OPC Item.

Everytime I try to gain access to those properties it tells me that no interface supported.

Are there some form of limitations to the CreateObject ?

:::::JUST AS A NOTE

I can provide everything need to view the issue. I am sure that I am using the interface correctly as this was originally used in VBA for Access and Excel. Currenlty I have not using any of the event interfaces just trying to get the basic interface properities.

I have spoken to several of our developers here and they beleive this to be the error of the scripting language.

Which is a shame cause I LOVE AUTOIT!!!!

Edited by CrashOverRideZX

I have been trying for the life of me to write a client for an Server Client standard called OPC.

There is a automated dll called opcdaauto.dll

The structure of which goes

OPC Server

OPC Groups (collection)

OPC Group

OPC Items (collection0

OPC Item

I am able to access each of the Interfaces properties and methods except for the last one OPC Item.

Everytime I try to gain access to those properties it tells me that no interface supported.

Are there some form of limitations to the CreateObject ?

Suggest you carefully read the info in the helpfile about Obj/COM -- it discusses the limitations. Also suggest that you use the Object Explorer described there to learn more about what is exposed in your COM interface.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Suggest you carefully read the info in the helpfile about Obj/COM -- it discusses the limitations. Also suggest that you use the Object Explorer described there to learn more about what is exposed in your COM interface.

Dale

I have read and yes am using several Com explorers (OLEView and VB Object Browser)

The interface works fine in VB (VBA access)

The interfaces work fine in AutoIT up to the last interface.

So what gives?

• 3 years later...