Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ludo10

Dircopy .. i dont understand :o(

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

i have a folder in my temp directory, and i try to copy it to my program files directory.. without success :)(

DirCopy("C:\temp\notilus\Notilus Offine", "C:\Program Files\Notilus Offline", 1)

i think that the problem come with the composed name of the folder...

someone have an idea?

best regards

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Try this and see what you get:

$test = DirCopy("C:\temp\notilus\Notilus Offine", "C:\Program Files\Notilus Offline", 1)
If $test == 1 Then MsgBox(0, "DirCopy", "Your file was successfully copied.")
If $test == 0 Then MsgBox(0, "DirCopy", "There was an error while copying your file.")
Edited by big_daddy

Should work if you have permission to copy files in sourcdir and write in targetdir (and parent dirs)

I did not get any errors or warnings if sourcedir does not exist, so maybee do a check?

Regards

Uten

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

If some of the files in the directory are "in use", it would seem the copy would partially fail.

For example, if I look at "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp" via Explorer and try to delete all the files in there: Most of the files are removed, but a few remain after a message ("Cannot delete ~DF3FED: Access is denied") pops up.

If I try AutoIt's DirCopy function, it creates a new directory and copies over a few files--but not all files are copied.

DirCopy("C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp", "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop\someNewFolder", 1)

P.S. I cannot use Explorer to copy those "in use" files either.

Edited by CyberSlug

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!