Create pic with "hotspots"

cdkid

Well, for those of you who dont know what a `hotspot' is, it's an area on a picture that when you click it something happens. Is it possible to create a picture with them? or would i have to check for mouseclicks in my While...WEnd loop, and check the position?

~cdkid

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

• Moderators

Well, for those of you who dont know what a `hotspot' is, it's an area on a picture that when you click it something happens. Is it possible to create a picture with them? or would i have to check for mouseclicks in my While...WEnd loop, and check the position?

~cdkid

Is the pic in a fixed place?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Yeah. I s'pose i could just detect a mouseclick, then check if the window is active, then where and do functions accordingly. Just wondering if there was a premade UDF or something.

~cdkid

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

• Moderators

Yeah. I s'pose i could just detect a mouseclick, then check if the window is active, then where and do functions accordingly. Just wondering if there was a premade UDF or something.

~cdkid

I've not seen one, but it wouldn't be too hard to do:
#include <guiconstants.au3>

$main = GUICreate('MyPic', 150, 150)
$pic = GUICtrlCreatePic('Water lilies.jpg', 0, 0)

GUISetState()

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    If $msg = - 3 Then Exit
    If _PicClickedHotSpot(2, 86, 23, 110, 'Left') Then MsgBox(0, 'Pic', 'You clicked the left most flower')
WEnd

Func _PicClickedHotSpot($i_XLeft, $i_YLeft, $i_XRight, $i_YRight, $s_Left_Right = 'Left', $v_Dll = 'user32.dll')
    If StringInStr($s_Left_Right, 'left') Then
        $s_Left_Right = '01'
    Else
        $s_Left_Right = '02'
    EndIf
    $v_MouseModeOpt = Opt('MouseCoordMode', 2)
    Local $a_MousePos = MouseGetPos()
    Local $a_R = DllCall($v_dll, "int", "GetAsyncKeyState", "int", '0x' & $s_Left_Right)
    If $a_MousePos[0] >= $i_XLeft And $a_MousePos[1] >= $i_YLeft _ 
        And $a_MousePos[0] <= $i_XRight And $a_MousePos[1] <= $i_YRight _ 
        And Not @error And BitAND($a_R[0], 0x8000) = 0x8000 Then
        Opt('MouseCoordMode', $v_MouseModeOpt)
        Return 1
    EndIf
EndFunc
Attatched is the water_lilies jpg in case you don't have it in your sample folder.

Edit

Made it a UDF if you want to use it. See original above.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Neat, thanks.

~cdkid

• Moderators

Neat, thanks.

~cdkid

Good deal...

Just one thing, as I was thinking about how nice it would be to just draw the hotspot with a DllCall, I guess you could have just made:

GUISetState()

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    If $msg = - 3 Then Exit
    If _PicClickedHotSpot(2, 86, 23, 110, 'Left') Then MsgBox(0, 'Pic', 'You clicked the left most flower')
WEnd

Func _PicClickedHotSpot($i_XLeft, $i_YLeft, $i_XRight, $i_YRight, $s_Left_Right = 'Left', $v_Dll = 'user32.dll')
    If StringInStr($s_Left_Right, 'left') Then
        $s_Left_Right = '01'
    Else
        $s_Left_Right = '02'
    EndIf
    $v_MouseModeOpt = Opt('MouseCoordMode', 2)
    Local $a_MousePos = MouseGetPos()
    Local $a_R = DllCall($v_dll, "int", "GetAsyncKeyState", "int", '0x' & $s_Left_Right)
    If $a_MousePos[0] >= $i_XLeft And $a_MousePos[1] >= $i_YLeft _
        And $a_MousePos[0] <= $i_XRight And $a_MousePos[1] <= $i_YRight _
        And Not @error And BitAND($a_R[0], 0x8000) = 0x8000 Then
        Return 1
    EndIf
EndFunc
To:

$label = GUICtrlCreateLabel('', 2, 86, 21, 24)

GUICtrlSetState($pic, $GUI_DISABLE)

GUISetState()

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    If $msg = - 3 Then Exit
    If $msg = $label Then MsgBox(0, 'Pic', 'The left most flower was clicked')
WEnd
But that wouldn't have been as much fun :):mellow: