Questions Concerning Scite.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post these questions.

1. When I use SciTE I want the default behavior to use spaces instead of tabs. The menu item:

Options -> Change Indentation Settings (Ctrl+Shift+I)

displays a small popup window which I can use to deselect tabs and use spaces. However, everytime I exit SciTE I keep having to change the setting. Can I make it permanent?

2. I have no complaint with ScitTE at all but my personal preference is to use "if" instead of "If", "then" instead of "Then" and so on. Can someone tell me if there is a configuration file that controls the editing behavior and what I need to do to change the settings?

Edited by Peter Hamilton-Scott

2. I have no complaint with ScitTE at all but my personal preference is to use "if" instead of "If", "then" instead of "Then" and so on. Can someone tell me if there is a configuration file that controls the editing behavior and what I need to do to change the settings?

Open the file C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\api\au3.api and the commands are in there

• Developers

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post these questions.

1. When I use SciTE I want the default behavior to use spaces instead of tabs. The menu item:

Options -> Change Indentation Settings (Ctrl+Shift+I)

displays a small popup window which I can use to deselect tabs and use spaces. However, everytime I exit SciTE I keep having to change the setting. Can I make it permanent?

2. I have no complaint with SciTE at all but my personal preference is to use "if" instead of "If", "then" instead of "Then" and so on. Can someone tell me if there is a configuration file that controls the editing behavior and what I need to do to change the settings?

1. To change to spaces just run SciTEConfig and select the Font/Color tab. you will find the "Use Tabs" setting there. just uncheck. this will create the following entry in SciTEUSer.properties:

use.tabs=0

2. Depends what you are referring to :

- AutoComplete and the Propercase function use the au3.api file in the api sub-directory.

- Tidy uses the files in its own directory.

Remember that these files are updated every time with the SciTE4AutoIt3 and SciTE4AU3Upd installers.

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1. To change to spaces just run SciTEConfig and select the Font/Color tab. you will find the "Use Tabs" setting there. just uncheck. this will create the following entry in SciTEUSer.properties:

use.tabs=0

2. Depends what you are referring to :

- AutoComplete and the Propercase function use the au3.api file in the api sub-directory.

- Tidy uses the files in its own directory.

Remember that these files are updated every time with the SciTE4AutoIt3 and SciTE4AU3Upd installers.

Thank you, gentlemen.