Two Simple Questions

Question 1: If I have a question regarding using the GUI interface, should the post go here, or in the v3 GUI section?

Which leads to Question 2: In a ListView with checkboxes ($LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES exStyle), I found the (great) UDF functions for ListView including _GUICtrlListViewSetCheckState, but that function appears to only have the ability to check or uncheck, but not disable.

I tried using GUICtrlSetState with $GUI_DISABLE and $GUI_INDETERMINATE and all kinds of combinations with and without BitOr, but they didn't work (even though GUICtrlSetState with $GUI_CHECKED does work).

I can get around the problem by immediately setting the checkbox to unchecked if it is checked, but I'd rather make it apparent to the user that the checkbox won't do anything. Any other suggestions?

TIA!

Jerry

• Moderators

Question 1: This is a General support forum, so if you want all kinds of answers, this is where you would post, until recently it seemed that answers were more quickly answered here than in the GUI forum. Although it seems that gary is all over every where now :) so I would say either or.

Question 2: I'm not familiar with the UDF nor have I tried to replicate it (you didn't provide an example :mellow: ) ... (which is why you probably haven't gotten an answer yet)....

My question to your question is: If the check box is not ever going to do anything... why have it? Can you use GUICtrlSetState($CheckBox, @SW_HIDE)? I would assume that would do the same as what your looking for... again, without having an example, and being to lazy to try and replicate it, it's hard to answer your question specifically... for myself at least since I've not used the function.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Question 1: If I have a question regarding using the GUI interface, should the post go here, or in the v3 GUI section?

Which leads to Question 2: In a ListView with checkboxes ($LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES exStyle), I found the (great) UDF functions for ListView including _GUICtrlListViewSetCheckState, but that function appears to only have the ability to check or uncheck, but not disable.

I tried using GUICtrlSetState with $GUI_DISABLE and $GUI_INDETERMINATE and all kinds of combinations with and without BitOr, but they didn't work (even though GUICtrlSetState with $GUI_CHECKED does work).

I can get around the problem by immediately setting the checkbox to unchecked if it is checked, but I'd rather make it apparent to the user that the checkbox won't do anything. Any other suggestions?

TIA!

Jerry

The ListView is an ownerdrawn control, one of Holger's babies, I personally don't see a way to do this, but Holger may have an answer for you.

I would post this in gui support and direct the question toward Holger, he has proven time and again how to do things I thougt couldn't be done.

I'm self taught on the ListView control, thru tons of reading and trial and error of standard ListViews, ownerdrawn is whole different ball game.

Gary

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.