Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mbiwpeoyc

Exut A Function

3 posts in this topic

I'm trying to put some error checking into a script I wrote. I want the script to check a variable, and if it doesn't contain a path to a file, I want it to error out, pop up a message box and EXIT the posting function. I'm using autoit beta v 3.1.1.114 (Had to use the beta for support for the ie.au3 UDF which was absolutely necessary for this script.)

func browse()
    $file = fileopendialog("Choose your file", @mydocumentsdir, "Files (*.zip;*.doc)")
    guictrlsetdata(7, $file)
endfunc

func post()
;first do stuff
$check = stringisascii($file)
if $check = 0 then
    msgbox(0, "Error", "You must choose a file to attach with the new Opportunity")
    endfunc
else
exit
endif

This is inside of my function Much further down I actually end the function in the proper way.

Autoit functions set :

opt("guioneventmode", 1)

Help and guidance is greatly appreciatted!

func browse()
    $file = fileopendialog("Choose your file", @mydocumentsdir, "Files (*.zip;*.doc)")
    guictrlsetdata(7, $file)
endfunc

func post()
;first do stuff
$check = stringisascii($file)
if $check = 0 then
    msgbox(0, "Error", "You must choose a file to attach with the new Opportunity")
return -1
endif

AutoIt Console written in C#. Write au3 code right at the console :D_FileWriteToLineWrite to a specific line in a file.My UDF Libraries: MySQL UDF Library version 1.6 MySQL Database UDF's for AutoItI have stopped updating the MySQL thread above, all future updates will be on my SVN. The svn location is:kan2.sytes.net/publicsvn/mysqlnote: This will still be available, but due to my new job, and school hours, am no longer developing this udf.My business: www.hirethebrain.com Hire The Brain HireTheBrain.com Computer Consulting, Design, Assembly and RepairOh no! I've commited Scriptocide!

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Func
; code here
EndFunc

Function syntax needs to similar to above example.

What you are showing is a EndFunc within an If Block which is incorrect syntax to interpret.

Edit1: I believe you are looking for using the Return keyword, to return you from a function.

Edit2: Helpfile shows some examples

Edited by MHz