Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ronan M

Consolewrite Invisible

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I work on a system where I can't install software. I can run new software as long as I don't install it. In running an AutoIt script I used a 'consolewrite' command to view data. Unfortunately, I can't see the results. I've tried running the script via the MS-DOS command window with no results. I have TextPad configured to run *.au3 scripts and I can't view it through that program either.

Here's the test program that I tried:

; Write to the console

For $i = 0 to 10

ConsoleWrite("I = " & $i)

Next

I'm a newbie to AutoIt, so any help is appreciated.

Ronan

Hi All,

I work on a system where I can't install software. I can run new software as long as I don't install it. In running an AutoIt script I used a 'consolewrite' command to view data. Unfortunately, I can't see the results. I've tried running the script via the MS-DOS command window with no results. I have TextPad configured to run *.au3 scripts and I can't view it through that program either.

Here's the test program that I tried:

; Write to the console

For $i = 0 to 10

ConsoleWrite("I = " & $i)

Next

I'm a newbie to AutoIt, so any help is appreciated.

Ronan

ConsoleWrite is actually to send data to the console in SciTE, if you're not running the script from within SciTE i believe that it is just overlooked.

1100111 00001011101111 00011101101111 00010111100100 00001111110100 00110111110010 00101101111001 0011100i didn't make up this form of encryption, but i like it.credit to the lvl 6 challenge on arcanum.co.nz

ConsoleWrite is actually to send data to the console in SciTE, if you're not running the script from within SciTE i believe that it is just overlooked.

Nope... it writes to STDOUT, so any editor that handles STDOUT will work... i know i tested other editors as well that also handled STDOUT properly....

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Nope... it writes to STDOUT, so any editor that handles STDOUT will work... i know i tested other editors as well that also handled STDOUT properly....

i stand corrected.

1100111 00001011101111 00011101101111 00010111100100 00001111110100 00110111110010 00101101111001 0011100i didn't make up this form of encryption, but i like it.credit to the lvl 6 challenge on arcanum.co.nz

i stand corrected.

Thanks for your help as I now know where to look. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to get TextPad to capture the STDOUT yet.

Ronan

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Thanks for your help as I now know where to look. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to get TextPad to capture the STDOUT yet.

Ronan

Did you specify "Capture Output" on the Run definition for AutoIt3 scripts ?

Had a quick look at it but don't know how to get this to work...

Maybe use SciTE ? :)

Edited by JdeB

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)