Diablo2 Easystart Tool

Diarazad

Diablo2 EasyStart Tool v1.01

----------------------------

Loader Utility

--------------

v1.01 Update:

-------------

- fixed a very very stupid bug. Hiding window title no more clears it entirely. Now you can see your hidden title through the task manager and window-switching panel (Alt+Tab).

- added new function to d2es.au3 unit: HideWindowTitle($handle). Feel free to use.

v1.00 (release)

---------------

LOADER TOOLTRICKS

This program is designed to run Diablo2 more comfortably. It can:

1. Run Diablo2. You may appoint exact way to folder with the game and name of exe file. You may skip these params - in this case program would scan your registry and find path automatically.

2. Run Diablo2 with any title: a) game default title :) user specified title (very useful when working with multiple D2 copies running at one time) c) randomly generated title (try, that's fun).

3. Run Diablo2 with any standart params (u should just write down 'em in the corresponding part of the configuration file).

4. Run Diablo2 on top of all windows including that gameview-obstracting taskbar.

5. Hide game window title. When you running 800x600 window mode diablo2 on computer with the same 800x600 screen resolution, lowest stripe of game screen is always trimmed (about 13 pixels). That's because of 612 window height restriction for this resolution: window title and borders take about 25 pixels so client size of the window is only about 612-25=583 pixels - lower than 600! Hiding game window title removes this problem.

6. Automatically place game window at center of your screen.

7. Read custom (user-created) configuration files. Just run it like so: d2estart.exe <mycfg.ini> (name and extension any).

8. If d2estart runs with default configuration and d2estart.cfg doesn't exist - the program creates it by the template.

Program starts, reads configuration from file, runs Diablo2 and uploads.

LOADER CONFIGURING

Lower is list of section and keys of d2estart.cfg file.

1. Section [D2Path]

A. Path - full path to the game folder. You may skip it and necessary information will be taken from registry.

B. Exe - name of the file that launches the game (ususally 'Diablo II.exe'). You may also skip this parameter.

2. Section [D2Params]

A. Title - game window title. You may specify this param, you may skip it (default game window name will be used), you may set 'Title = RND' - game title will be randomly generated.

B. HideTitle - set this flag to 'true' or '1' if you wish to run your Diablo2 window with title hidden. If you decide to hide the window title you still will be able to see it through the task manager and window-switching panel (Alt+Tab).

C. Params - string of standart Diablo2 params, forexample: 'Params = -w -res800 -lq -ns -skiptobnet'.

D. D2OnTop - set this flag to 'true' or '1' if you wish to run Diablo2 on top of other windows (including task bar).

E. D2Position - game window position. D2Position = <x-coord>, <y-coord>, <client width>, <client height>. Any param may be skipped and coordinates may be configured through the 'center' option word (in that case game window will be automatically placed at center of your screen).

3. Section [D2System]

A. WinClass - game window class ("Diablo II" by default). Is used by program for smart starting window identification. Don't change it!

Note: number of spaces between params and char register don't matter.

Note2: look at default d2estart.cfg - it's configured good enough to be a fine example. Probably you even won't need to change it.

THANKS

- Jonathan Bennett & AutoIt Team

- AutoItScript.com forum

- Quaizywabbit (author of AnyGUI module)

- Me. I've been persistent

Program Archive Items (D2EStart.RAR)

------------------------------------

d2estart.exe - loader body

d2estart.cfg - configuration file by default

d2estart.ico - program logo

d2estart.au3 - program source code (AutoIt v3.1.1)

d2es.au3 - d2es unit source code (AutoIt v3.1.1)

AnyGUI.au3 - AnyGUI unit source code (v2.6 by Quaizywabbit)

cruamod.au3 - cruamod unit source code (AutoIt v3.1.1)

d2title.crg - char statistics for random title generation

d2estart.eng - program documentation (english)

d2estart.rus - program documentation (russian)

d2estart.lic - user agreement

To run loader you would need only 2 files: d2estart.exe ? d2title.crg (should be in the work directory).

CONCLUSION

I'm using this loader long time but finally completed it just recently. Now ready to share it with anyone.

You may look program source and make sure it isn't "intentionally malicious". And excuse my english.

Please report bugs to my mailbox: diarazad@yandex.ru

D2EStart_v1.01.rar

Edited by Diarazad

I have been walking shadow ways to land where Terror rules...

Diablo2 EasyStart Tool has been updated. I replaced the attachment file.

v1.01 Update:
-------------

- fixed a very very stupid bug. Hiding window title no more clears it entirely. Now you can see your hidden title through the task manager and window-switching panel (Alt+Tab).
- added new function to d2es.au3 unit: HideWindowTitle($handle). Feel free to use.

I have been walking shadow ways to land where Terror rules...