Displaying Double-byte Characters - Chinese, Korean, & Japanese.

Hello all,

I have written a simple install script and used variables to represent text displayed to the user using the msgbox function. I have done so in 5 languages. The problem is, I need to figure out how to display the equivelant screens in Chinese, Korean, & Japanese. I have been unable to find a way to accomplish this task with AutoIt (reading the help file and searching the forum).

Any ideas?

I dont know the exact answer, but I do know in order for you to display such characters, windows has to have a language pack installed. AutoIt uses windows components. Might try looking along that path, sorry I couldent be more helpful. I am not aware of any language packs for AutoIt, so this may not be possible.

Ooo Ëxçã¿îbúr ooO"Information Is Not Knowledge." ~Albert Einstein

Anyone else have anything to add? I've seen posts on the forum regarding unicode and UTF-8... neither of which appear to be supported. But I've also seen someone post information on the forum directly in chinese characters... does this person code in english?

I can take double-byte characters like these:

Chinese (中文)

Japanese (日本語)

Korean (한국어)

And put them in a notepad text file. As long as I save the file in UTF-8 format instead of ANSI, the information is retained. However, Autoit fails to compile the code successfully.

I've even tried saving the script in ANSI, and having a separate file with the special characters in it saved in UTF-8 format, and then opening that file, and parsing in variable information at run time. This too failed... I just get garbage for output.

Does any have any ideas on how to do this? Are there any graphic functions besides splashimageon that I might use?

Anyone else have anything to add? I've seen posts on the forum regarding unicode and UTF-8... neither of which appear to be supported. But I've also seen someone post information on the forum directly in chinese characters... does this person code in english?

I can take double-byte characters like these:

Chinese (中文)

Japanese (日本語)

Korean (한국어)

And put them in a notepad text file. As long as I save the file in UTF-8 format instead of ANSI, the information is retained. However, Autoit fails to compile the code successfully.

I've even tried saving the script in ANSI, and having a separate file with the special characters in it saved in UTF-8 format, and then opening that file, and parsing in variable information at run time. This too failed... I just get garbage for output.

Does any have any ideas on how to do this? Are there any graphic functions besides splashimageon that I might use?

Are you using SciTE? I know it has problem with Korean.

• 3 months later...

I'd also be interested in double-byte character support. I personally don't care if it's able to handle Unicode or note, but codepages should be supported for extended character sets and double-byte languages. Since AU3 can handle reversed dialogs as well, it should theoretically be able to handle Arabic and Hebrew (and any other LTR langs) too.

now... how to get it to work... :D

“Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things.”-Peter F. Drucker