Send Command Dosen't Seem To Work.

kpu

I did a quick search but didn't see anything on this. Maybe it's just my PC, but when I use the send command running in beta 3.1.1.116 "send()" doesn't seem to work. When I complile it in the public release 3.1.1.0, it doesn't seem to work either.

Is this just me? :)

Here's the basic code I did to test this:

run(notepad.exe)
Wait(1000)
Send("this should work")

• Developers

I did a quick search but didn't see anything on this. Maybe it's just my PC, but when I use the send command running in beta 3.1.1.116 "send()" doesn't seem to work. When I complile it in the public release 3.1.1.0, it doesn't seem to work either.

Is this just me? :)

Here's the basic code I did to test this:

run(notepad.exe)
Wait(1000)
Send("this should work")
Are you serious ?

First 2 lines are invalid syntax...

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Okay, so I did a type-o "ON THE FORUM". Sorry! I still have the issue. Maybe it's an issue with my PC, but none of my send commands work when I run or compile using Scite.

Its not a matter of a type-o, the request for Bug reports is to provide a script that demonstrates the bug you are having....

Don't let us guess what you mean like with the Wait() command .... do you mean Sleep() or WinWait() ?

I hope the last one because with a Sleep() there is a possibility that Notepad didn't start within the one second and it would look like the sent doesn't work. Its better to WinWait() till the Window exists and then do a WinActivate to ensure the Window you want to sent the characters to has the focus......

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)