Form Design

Hi Guys, I am designing a form that fetches information from a database and display it in a grid-like form with controls in each row. Can somebody point me to a right direction on how to get this? I've attached a sample screenshot of the design that i am planning to do.

Thanks guys..

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am aware that Koda can help me make the GUI, but this is not a simple GUI, the number of crontols depends on the number of entries that is fetched from the database. Say, if I have 20 entries in the database, then the GUI would display 20 combo boxes, 20 buttons and 20 sets of each labels.. Plus it will have the option to use vertical scroll bar if number of entries exceeds a predefined number.

Hi there, I have no problem pulling out the data because i already tried using MySQL UDF. My only problem is how to dynamically design the controls. Or is it possible if I'll design the form in VB then just call autoit script on every event?

Please help, thanks..

Hi there, I have no problem pulling out the data because i already tried using MySQL UDF. My only problem is how to dynamically design the controls. Or is it possible if I'll design the form in VB then just call autoit script on every event?

Please help, thanks..

Something like..

(get number of entrys first)

Dim $Entrys[N]
For 1 to N
$Entrys[N] = GUICtrlCreateButton ( "Button " &N,  $Left,$Top,$Width,$Height )
next

You would need to update the $left and $top depending on the size of the buttons and where you want them to be.

2015 - Still no flying cars, instead blankets with sleeves.

as far as alternating colors is concerned...u cud put a check on the loop variable...if it's odd dont put any color...if it's even then put a color in bground....

and for vertical scroll bar...set the limit of ur GUI to someting, if the data exceeds the limit...I guess scrollbars would come automatically....

Just some thoughts...not tested

Will try to come up with a working solution as soon as possible..

Edited by kclteam

I believe we should all pay our tax with a smile. I tried - but they wanted cash!