Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
laphlaw

Help With Splash Image Animation (code Snippet From Gafrost)

4 posts in this topic

I got the following code snippet from gafrost:

While 1
    SplashImageOn($title, $screenshot,480,360,-300,-60)
    $hwnd = WinGetHandle("Live Screenshot")
    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $hwnd, "int", 250, "long", 0x00090000);fade-out
    Sleep ( 50 )
    WinMove("Live Screenshot","",(@DesktopWidth/2)+350, (@DesktopHeight/2)+100)
    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $hwnd, "int", 4000, "long", 0x00080000);fade-in
    Sleep ( 5000 )
    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $hwnd, "int", 4000, "long", 0x00090000);fade-out
WEnd

I have a couple questions with this:

1) Is the winmove necessary? Can you make it appear in a specified location instead of moving it from the top left corner?

2) How can you make the fade animation go faster?

3) I had trouble getting the image to display in the right location using the @desktopwidth macro... when I changed the resolution, the image was cut off at the corner. How could I fix this?

4) How do you know what functions to use in the user32dll? Do you just google it to find out what functions can be used? I'm a noob to DllCall.

Thanks

I got the following code snippet from gafrost:

While 1
    SplashImageOn($title, $screenshot,480,360,-300,-60)
    $hwnd = WinGetHandle("Live Screenshot")
    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $hwnd, "int", 250, "long", 0x00090000);fade-out
    Sleep ( 50 )
    WinMove("Live Screenshot","",(@DesktopWidth/2)+350, (@DesktopHeight/2)+100)
    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $hwnd, "int", 4000, "long", 0x00080000);fade-in
    Sleep ( 5000 )
    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "AnimateWindow", "hwnd", $hwnd, "int", 4000, "long", 0x00090000);fade-out
WEnd

I have a couple questions with this:

1) Is the winmove necessary? Can you make it appear in a specified location instead of moving it from the top left corner?

2) How can you make the fade animation go faster?

3) I had trouble getting the image to display in the right location using the @desktopwidth macro... when I changed the resolution, the image was cut off at the corner. How could I fix this?

4) How do you know what functions to use in the user32dll? Do you just google it to find out what functions can be used? I'm a noob to DllCall.

Thanks

The 250 and the 4000 are the speed in milliseconds (1/4 of a second and 4 seconds)... as far as the winmove, I didn't try it... but I would imagine that would be a preference by looking at it.

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Thanks, very useful resources. Quick question, though:

I'm trying to break this down to understand it. What I don't understand is the last type and parameter at the end. How do you know what values to use? How did he know to use "long" and 0x00080000? I was poking around the sites you gave me, and I haven't seen a list of some sort of what values to use for what effects (such as the fade in).

Appreciate the help...

Oh, one more thing. Is there *any* way to get a smooth picture when its dynamic? I've been using SplashImageOn, and have it update the new image every second, but not surprisingly, it flashes. There's got to be a way...

Edited by laphlaw