Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alb19542006

Virus?

7 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

The antivirus program on my PC (Avira AntiVir PE Classic) reports that AutoItX3.dll is a virus (Heuristic/Hijacker). Why?

Edited by alb19542006

The antivirus program on my PC (Avira AntiVir PE Classic) reports that AutoItX3.dll is a virus (Heuristic/Hijacker). Why?

Hi alb. Sometimes antivirus programs flag files as viruses (virii to some of you :) ), when in fact the files are just fine. The anitvirus program (different ones do it at different times) is identifying the file incorrectly or finding a '... false postive..'. Don't worry, AutoIt has no viruses. The problem you're having has happened to many people. Eventually the makers of the antivirus program realize the error & correct it. You can also contact them & let them know what happened to you & ask them to fix it.

Mike

Hi alb. Sometimes antivirus programs flag files as viruses (virii to some of you :) ), when in fact the files are just fine. The anitvirus program (different ones do it at different times) is identifying the file incorrectly or finding a '... false postive..'. Don't worry, AutoIt has no viruses. The problem you're having has happened to many people. Eventually the makers of the antivirus program realize the error & correct it. You can also contact them & let them know what happened to you & ask them to fix it.

Mike

Hi Mikey. Thanks for the reply. I set the dll in the antivirus exceptions and it works now. I will report this to the antivirus program makers and ask for a solution.

well the deal with common antivirus technologies is that they use a thing called a signature checker to check code for common things used in a virus for example if u use FileInstall it detects that routine as a trojan dropper which it very well could be but thats not what ur using it for..

http://www.myclanhosting.com/defiasVisit Join and contribute to a soon to be leader in Custumized tools development in [C# .Net 1.1 ~ 2.0/C/C++/MFC/AutoIt3/Masm32]

6 years? Is that a new necro record?

Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please", I say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".

JohnQSmith,

Alas, no! ;)

Tzviel,

Stick to one thread in the future - and do not necro any more old fossils. :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area