Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Evil_Has_Survived

Batch

9 posts in this topic

is it possiable to make a batch file execute a autoit script. If so how would I do it.

oh and on last thing can you have a batch file execute a script on boot up. I know what your thinking I better have a good reason for this. well I have wireless and I want it so the batch file will turn on a script and the script turns on my wireless. also mean't for my learning knowledge :)

Thanks

Thanks in advance

Yes - learn batch.

Most likely - use the registry.

Answered your questions.. better post more if you want real help.

I have heard that batch files aren't good anymore, that windows xp doesn't use it to run the system no more, only windows 95 98, well batch files can still run simple xp functions but not the kind of things I want to do :):mellow:

Thanks in advance

why don't you forget the batch file and simply run the autoit script at startup?

is it possiable to make a batch file execute a autoit script. If so how would I do it.

Yes. Use the line "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe (your script).au3" or "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Beta\AutoIt3.exe (your script).au3" for the beta

oh and on last thing can you have a batch file execute a script on boot up.

Put it in Run or RunOnce in the registry, or put it in one of the StartUp folders, or put it in an OnLogon event in Task Scheduler

...also mean't for my learning knowledge...

If you truely want to learn about batch files. Look here: http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html and select "Batch files" from the left most menu. It has more than you ever wanted to know.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

If you truely want to learn about batch files. Look here: http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html and select "Batch files" from the left most menu. It has more than you ever wanted to know.

thanks I have been on that site before :)

Thanks in advance

Forget about the batch file.

Code what you need in Autoit and compile it to an EXE file. Take the EXE file and copy it to the "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" Folder

This will cause the autoit script to run everytime you startup.