Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
autoitxp

Smtp Phpbb Forum Trouble

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

hi

i have download phpbb board forum and setup at server apache 2.0.55 and php .5.12 it works perfectly allright but i have bit problem with Smtp email setup i just need proper information.

email setting ask for

Admin Email Address :xxx@yahoo.com

Smtp Server : mx1.mail.yahoo.com

Smtp username if require it:

SMTP Password if require it:

and it successful send email at my yahoo address but when some one register id with differnet email then like xxxx@hotmail.com or xxxx@aol.com forum not sent any email and give some error msg .

like this board send email to any email address . kindly tell y its fail with other email and how to solve this matter

Edited by autoitxp

hi

i have download phpbb board forum and setup at server apache 2.0.55 and php .5.12 it works perfectly allright but i have bit problem with Smtp email setup i just need proper information.

email setting ask for

Admin Email Address :xxx@yahoo.com

Smtp Server : mx1.mail.yahoo.com

Smtp username if require it:

SMTP Password if require it:

and it successful send email at my yahoo address but when some one register id with differnet email then like xxxx@hotmail.com or xxxx@aol.com forum not sent any email and give some error msg .

like this board send email to any email address . kindly tell y its fail with other email and how to solve this matter

You probably should direct your question to the admins or support area at Yahoo, as I suspect they don't allow SMTP access in the way you are doing it for email spam prevention reasons.