Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrewXp

Can't Run The Examples In The Help File.

20 posts in this topic

I don't know really what's wrong, but any example I run in the help file, won't run. I see the text an all, but the button that's usually there is just a X now. What could be wrong? Thx

I don't know really what's wrong, but any example I run in the help file, won't run. I see the text an all, but the button that's usually there is just a X now. What could be wrong? Thx

Well showing us the code your trying to run, may help a tad here :think:

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

I think he's talking about within the helpfile. In each topic there is an example script at the bottom with a button after it that says "open script" or "run script" (I forget because the button doesn't exist for me anymore either).

yea, greenmachine. That one. I don't know why...

I don't either. I also can't remember when it started (which would probably help) because I just ignored it and never ran them.

well this is the code in the help file for a random example:

<p><b>Example</b></p>
<p class="codebox">
<br>
<span><span class="S4">TCPStartup</span><span class="S8">()</span><br>
<br>
<span class="S4">msgbox</span><span class="S8">(</span><span class="S3">0</span><span class="S8">,</span><span class="S7">"IP???"</span><span class="S8">,</span><span class="S4">TCPNameToIP</span><span class="S8">(</span><span class="S7">"TheMachineNextToYOU"</span><span class="S8">))</span><br>
<span class="S0"></span></span><br>
<br><OBJECT id=hhctrl type="application/x-oleobject" classid="clsid:adb880a6-d8ff-11cf-9377-00aa003b7a11" width=58 height=57>
<PARAM name="Command" value="ShortCut">
<PARAM name="Button" value="Text:Open this Script">
<PARAM name="Item1" value=",Examples\Helpfile\TCPNameToIP.au3,">
</OBJECT>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Anyone have any ideas?

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

This is what my example has in the help file:

TCPStartup()

msgbox(0,"IP???",TCPNameToIP("TheMachineNextToYOU"))

Edited by SmOke_N

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

lol, no I went into the help file and grabbed that out. Thats the code for the submit button. I can read the rest perfectly. It's just that example (instead of being a button), is a X on my help page.

lol, no I went into the help file and grabbed that out. Thats the code for the submit button. I can read the rest perfectly. It's just that example (instead of being a button), is a X on my help page.

Ha!! my bad... I was really stumped on what ya'll were talking about... but thanks for clarifying. This cold medicine should have a warning to stay away from text conversations on the label!!

#10 ·  Posted (edited)

@CrewXp

same thing happened to me and i had to register a dll (help provided from this forum) i'll try to search for my old post and get back.

edit: found it quote jdeb

The HelpFile is using an OCX to show the button to open the script.

Try doing "regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx" from the command prompt with current dir c:\windows\system32.

Else you might want to check hhctrl.ocx.

Edited by pecloe

@CrewXp

same thing happened to me and i had to register a dll (help provided from this forum) i'll try to search for my old post and get back.

edit: found it quote jdeb

The HelpFile is using an OCX to show the button to open the script.

Try doing "regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx" from the command prompt with current dir c:\windows\system32.

Else you might want to check hhctrl.ocx.

Cool now I have the Open Script button back. Should this not be included in the next beta?

Cool now I have the Open Script button back. Should this not be included in the next beta?

What should be included ? the regsrv32 command is normally not needed...

:think:

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#13 ·  Posted (edited)

What should be included ? the regsrv32 command is normally not needed...

Maybe not normally, but if it is required on more than one computer I would consider it needed.

Edit: Wording

Edited by big_daddy

Maybe not normally, but if it is required on more than one computer I would consider it needed.

Edit: Wording

Maybe a FAQ, but the I don't think we should be doing the regsrv32 command to register the OCX when we are not distributing it.

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Maybe a FAQ, but the I don't think we should be doing the regsrv32 command to register the OCX when we are not distributing it.

A FAQ would be good.

alright, it opens it now. Thanks.

haha.. but it opens a txt file now. Is that just a file association problem? How could I fix that? Thanks

#17 ·  Posted (edited)

alright, it opens it now. Thanks.

haha.. but it opens a txt file now. Is that just a file association problem? How could I fix that? Thanks

Which example is a .txt file ?

What editor are you using ?

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

all examples open with notepad i mean.

#19 ·  Posted (edited)

all examples open with notepad i mean.

That is correct since Notepad is associated with Edit by the AutoIt3 installer for the au3 file extension..

Try SciTE4AutoIt3 i you want to be able to run from the editor and lots more ...

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.