Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brett

Urldownload To File...

6 posts in this topic

why wont this code work for me?

URLDownloadToFile( "Http://www.download-free-games.com/cgi-bin/track/go.cgi?RicochetLostWorldsSetup.exe", "C:\DownloadTest\Test.exe")

-Brett

does this function only work when downloading the html of a site? or can i download an EXE also?

-Brett

the cgi thing is the culprit, it might be checking browser version or something, I download zips and exe files all the time

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

hmm do you normaly have to login to download that file ??

Nah, if you copy it to a browser, it just tries to set some cookie before it starts the download.

Alternately, you can just startup explorer or your browser of choice to download it.

Run('C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE "Http://www.download-free-games.com/cgi-bin/track/go.cgi?RicochetLostWorldsSetup.exe"')

then just confirm the download and you are set.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Nah, if you copy it to a browser, it just tries to set some cookie before it starts the download.

Alternately, you can just startup explorer or your browser of choice to download it.

Run('C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE "Http://www.download-free-games.com/cgi-bin/track/go.cgi?RicochetLostWorldsSetup.exe"')

then just confirm the download and you are set.

Thanks for that RUN Command with IE, i didn't know u could add the URL for that! Edited by brett

-Brett