AutoIt3Wrapper problem

djek

Running a script with F5 or Alt-F5 doesn't seem work anymore.

It runs the script, but closes it directy.

msgbox(0,"",@ScriptName)

output:

>"E:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\data\scripts\autoit\test.au3" /autoit3dir "E:\Program Files\AutoIt3" /UserParams    
>Running AU3Check   params:  from:E:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\au3check\
+>AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.1.1.0):E:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\data\scripts\autoit\test.au3"   
+>AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
>Exit code: 0   Time: 0.828

Using all the latests and greatests.

Reinstalled the whole lot, but that didn't help.

does anyone else has this too, or is it just me?

• Developers

Running a script with F5 or Alt-F5 doesn't seem work anymore.

It runs the script, but closes it directy.

msgbox(0,"",@ScriptName)

output:

>"E:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "D:\data\scripts\autoit\test.au3" /autoit3dir "E:\Program Files\AutoIt3" /UserParams    
>Running AU3Check   params:  from:E:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\au3check\
+>AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.1.1.0):E:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "D:\data\scripts\autoit\test.au3"   
>Exit code: 0   Time: 0.828

Using all the latests and greatests.

Reinstalled the whole lot, but that didn't help.

does anyone else has this too, or is it just me?

Looks good to me..

You are not running any autoClicker app that closes the msgbox for you ?

Try changing the script to : ConsoleWrite(@ScriptName)

This should display the script name in the SciTE Outputpane.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Looks good to me..

You are not running any autoClicker app that closes the msgbox for you ?

no

Try changing the script to : ConsoleWrite(@ScriptName)

This should display the script name in the SciTE Outputpane.

result:

>Exit code: 0   Time: 0.833

When I run that on a cmdline as

"E:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe" "D:\data\scripts\autoit\test.au3"

it runs like it should.

It seems to me that the AutoIt3Wrapper doesn't wait for the script to finish.

I tried it on a other machine with the same results.

• Developers

I tried it on a other machine with the same results.

We have been debugging this problem and found out that Djek's PC's had the following problem :

AutoIt3Wrapper will retrieve the PID with ProcessExists("AutoIt3Wrapper.exe") and then launches itself again watching the AutoIt3Wrapper PID and the AutoIt3 Program PID.

When the AutoIt3Wrapper process is ended it will also end the AutoIt3 process when thats not ended yet. This is to facilitate the Stop Processing function in the SciTE tools menu.

But for some reason ProcessExists("AutoIt3Wrapper.exe") returns 0 on Djeks pcs. (BUG Maybe?)

>Running:(3.1.1.118):E:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "D:\data\scripts\autoit\test.au3"

@@ Debug(1113) : ProcessExists("AutoIt3Wrapper.exe") = 0

@@ Debug(1114) : $pid = 2104

@@ Debug(1113) : @AutoItPID = 2060

I have updated AutoIt3Wrapper to use the @AutoItPID now.

PC specs of the PCs that had the issue :

CPU Type Intel Pentium 4HT, 3056 MHz (5.75 x 531)

CPU Alias Northwood HyperThreading

Original Clock 3066 MHz

L1 Trace Cache 12K Instructions

L1 Data Cache 8 KB

Dutch Win2k sp3

I have not been able to replicate the BUG...

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Does ProcessExist() work at all on this machine?

gafrost PMed me that he had seen isssues with long filenames on win2k for processnames, so did some more testing and found that the processname for the Running AutoIt3Wrapper.exe is "AutoIt3Wrapper." when it tried it on a win2k server os.

It looks like the processname is limited to 15 characters..

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I think I remember this Win2k limitation coming up before.

We should probably document this in the Process* functions.

FYI:

XP seems to work fine with really long names. It would seem that the longest name I can assign via Explorer is 255 characters long for a file at the root of C:\

However, if I try to launch an executable from C: that has a file name longer than 246 characters, I get error dialog "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to add my two bits worth of WeawyWoadedWeb spam on this topic... Boy, am I ever a statistic... :D

I bet this would explain the odd behaviour I've been considering with regards to my Anti-Virus scanner, AntiVir. In the configuration for AntiVir, I've specified several process names that I wanted it to IGNORE for on-access scanning. I've been in the over-used habit of turning off on-access scanning way too often, though. Every time I looked at a process list on my Windows 2000 system, I was never satisfied that AntiVir truely was ignoring the processes I specified. It must be due to this internal process name length limit.

There's never been a problem with running programs that have a file name longer than what TaskMgr.exe, or any other task management program -- ProcExp, from SysInternals, for example -- could display as a process name. But now, I'll bet, if I re-configure the AntiVir on-access scanner to ignore processes exactly as they appear, character-for-character, in a process list, it just might ignore them for the first time, ever!

I'll have to remember never to develop a program that has a name longer than 15 characters, which relies heaviliy upon it's own process name.

And, to back up the other side of the data, Windows XP process lists, I have seen the same processes I run on my Windows 2000 showing their full file name, including extension, in a Windows XP process list. No "640K ought to be enough for anyone" limitation there... :wacko:

[right][img]style_emoticons/autoit/robot.gif[/img]One of TenSecondary Adjunct of Unimatrix Z03[/right]