Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest imagine

Surfing Script

7 posts in this topic

Is there a command in au3 that I can use to click for example the Home link on a web page? (without tabbing to it)

Yes, look in the help file. search "Send" and you will find a list of commands and that will be one of them.

-Brett

Is there a command in au3 that I can use to click for example the Home link on a web page? (without tabbing to it)

You should check out ControlSend !

since you are using a web browser, controlsend and send might be a bit tricky.

if you know the page, you may be able to do a mouseclick at a certain location, or use a send("^f") to send a control+f to bring up the find box, then send the word closest to the home link, and then tab or shift+tab to the link.

AutoIt works with non-standard controls, but it takes a bit more work.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

Thanks for responding,

I tried using the find command before. But, even though it highlights the link next to the one I want, when I send the tab command, tabbing continues from where it was before I used the find command.

Using Internet Explorers find command didnt work properly on my computer. So, I switched to Mozilla and their find command works perfectly for this purpose. Thanks for the help.

ah, I normally use mozilla, so might be why it works for me that way, I will have to test out explorer...nah. :D

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.