Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Qual-IT London

Logparser

6 posts in this topic

Hey

I am using an autoit script and the logparser tool to make a server monitor that we want to sell with our servers.

All works nicely except im wondering if AutoIT can read the event logs itself rather than using logparser as I doubt I am allowed to sell logparser even tho its indirectly.

Tks

N

how is the log layed out? and in what format

cuz if all lines are logged the same then yeah you could use autoit to parse it but yeah u just need the layout, and the order u want it to be in after its parsed

Sure it can.

Here is something I just wrote (With the help of randallc) that parses my flow cytometry data.

Download the the logfile I attached to this thread, and run this script. (Requires beta)

It will read and parse the log file for the info I want, and output a nice, pretty excel file.

-Simucal

;filereader.au3; randallc
#include"ExcelCom.au3"
#include"Array2s.au3"; use for $ar2_Array=_Array2DCreateFromArray($ar_Final )/_Array2dDisplay($ar2_Array, "Sorted", 0)
#include"Array2Ds.au3"; use for $ar2_Array=_Array2DCreateFromArray($ar_Final )/_Array2dDisplay($ar2_Array, "Sorted", 0)
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <File.au3>
;and for _ArrayViewText($ar2_Array, 'Display')
;local $ar_Final[1],$r,$s_Split=" "; $s_Split=@tab
local $ar_Final[1],$r,$s_Split=@tab
MsgBox(0,"FlowParser - Instructions","Step 1:" & @CRLF & "First you must select your exported CellQuest Pro Statistics File.")
$Txtfile=FileOpenDialog("Select CellQuest Pro Statistics File.",@ScriptDir,"All (*.*)")
If @error Then
    MsgBox(48,"FlowParser","You must select a CellQuest Pro statistics file!")
    Exit
EndIf
MsgBox(0,"FlowParser - Instructions","Step 2:" & @CRLF & "Now you must name the Excel file you wish to export the statistics to.")
$FilePath=FileSaveDialog( "Choose a name for the Excel file.", @ScriptDir, "Excel (*.xls)")
If @error Then
    MsgBox(48,"FlowParser","You must specify a name for the Excel file to be created!")
    Exit
EndIf
If StringLower(StringRight($FilePath,4)) <> ".xls" Then
    $FilePath = $FilePath & ".xls"
EndIf
$ShortFilePathArray = StringSplit($FilePath,"\")
$ShortFilePath = _ArrayPop($ShortFilePathArray)

$ReadFile=FileOpen($Txtfile,0); Open the log file

$count = FileRead($Txtfile) ; count the number of lines in this weird file.
$count = StringSplit($count,@CR,1)
$count = (100/((($count[0])-2)/11))
$Progress = $count

$Line=FileReadLine($ReadFile);read first line which is not needed; then ignore

ProgressOn("FlowParser - Progress", "Parsing Flow Cytometry Data")
while 1
    $Line=FileReadLine($ReadFile); read line1 of each 11; if not exists, exit; send line 1 to the func for processing
    If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop
    $r+=1
    redim $ar_Final[ubound($ar_Final)+1]; every extra line of results needs array to be increased dimension to accept extra
    $ar_Final[$r]=_Read11Lines($ReadFile,$Line,$s_Split); call the func to process the next 11 lines of text file
;MsgBox(0,"","$ar_Final[$r]="&$ar_Final[$r])
    ProgressSet($Progress,"Saving data to " & $ShortFilePath & "...")
    $Progress = $Progress + $Count
    sleep(50)
WEnd
ProgressOff()
FileClose($Txtfile)
;_ArrayDisplay($ar_Final,"")
_ArrayDelete($ar_Final,0);([0]) element not needed
$ar2_Array=_Array2DCreateFromArray($ar_Final );#include"Array2s.au3"; use from my UDF to change 1D array of lines ("|" delimited)
;to 2D array
_Array2dDisplay($ar2_Array, "FlowParser - Raw Cytometry Data", 0);#include"Array2s.au3"; change back to 1D array only tempoirary for quick view
;_ArrayViewText($ar2_Array, 'FlowParser - Raw Cytometry Data');#include"Array2Ds.au3"; better 2D array viewer; try it!
_Array2DTranspose( $ar2_Array);? needed before transfer to XL?;#include"Array2s.au3" [Excel arrays are the other way round?]
$XLArrayAddress=_XLArrayWrite($ar2_Array,$FilePath,1,"A6",1);not tested yet
$XL=_XLWrite($FilePath,1,"G",3,"%Gated",0)
$XL=_XLWrite($FilePath,1,"H",3,"%Gated",0)
$XL=_XLWrite($FilePath,1,"G",4,"Data analysis",0)
$XL=_XLWrite($FilePath,1,"F",5,"Remarks",0)
$XL=_XLWrite($FilePath,1,"G",5,"% FL1",0)
$XL=_XLWrite($FilePath,1,"H",5,"% FL2",0)
$XL=_XLWrite($FilePath,1,"I",5,"Mean, FL1",0)
$XL=_XLWrite($FilePath,1,"J",5,"Mean, FL2",0)
$XL=_XLSetColumnWidth($FilePath,1,"A:J","Autofit",0)
$XL=_XLSetCellFontColor($FilePath,1,"C",8,5,0)
_XLClose($FilePath,1)
exit
;===================================================================================================

func _Read11Lines($ReadFile,$Line,$s_Split)
    local $n=1; line counter
    $ar_Temp=StringSplit($Line,$s_Split); split first log file line of the 11 into a temp array
    $ar_Fix=StringSplit($ar_Temp[2],"."); split the 2nd string to get Mouse Type
    $ar_Fix2=StringSplit($ar_Fix[2],"-"); split the 2nd string again to get Organ Type
    $ar_Temp[2]=$ar_Fix[1]&" / "&$ar_Fix2[1]; Combine them i.e. DBA / LN
    $s_Needed=$r&"|"&$ar_Temp[1]&"|"&$ar_Temp[2]; start building pipe - delimited string to return to the main script for this 11 lines
;MsgBox(0,"","$s_Needed="&$s_Needed)
    while $n<11
        $n+=1
        $Line=FileReadLine($ReadFile)
        If @error = -1 Then
            MsgBox(0,"","Error, not 11 lines?")
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
        if $n=2 then; for line 2 of 11
            $ar_Temp=StringSplit($Line,$s_Split); split nth log file line of the 11 into a temp array
            $ar_Temp[7]=StringTrimLeft($ar_Temp[7],6); Remove FL1-H
            $ar_Temp[7]=StringTrimRight($ar_Temp[7],6); Remove (Log)
            $ar_Temp[8]=StringTrimLeft($ar_Temp[8],6); Remove Fl2-H
            $ar_Temp[8]=StringTrimRight($ar_Temp[8],6); Remove (Log)            
            $s_Needed&="|"&$ar_Temp[7]&"|"&$ar_Temp[8]&"|"; add to pipe - delimited string
        EndIf
        if $n=8 then; for line 8 of 11
            $ar_Temp=StringSplit($Line,$s_Split); split nth log file line of the 11 into a temp array
            $s_Needed&="|"&$ar_Temp[14]; add to pipe - delimited string
            $s_Delay=$ar_Temp[16]; keep out-of sequence for next string add as "$s_Delay"
        EndIf
        if $n=11 then; for line 11 of 11
            $s_Needed&="|"&$ar_Temp[14] &"|"&$s_Delay&"|"&$ar_Temp[16]; add to pipe - delimited string; include "$s_Delay"
        EndIf
    WEnd
    return $s_Needed; return building pipe - delimited string to return to the main script for this 11 lines
EndFunc  ;==>_Read11Lines

LogFile.txt

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

Sure it can.

Here is something I just wrote (With the help of randallc) that parses my flow cytometry data.

Download the the logfile I attached to this thread, and run this script. (Requires beta)

It will read and parse the log file for the info I want, and output a nice, pretty excel file.

-Simucal

;filereader.au3; randallc
#include"ExcelCom.au3"
#include"Array2s.au3"; use for $ar2_Array=_Array2DCreateFromArray($ar_Final )/_Array2dDisplay($ar2_Array, "Sorted", 0)
#include"Array2Ds.au3"; use for $ar2_Array=_Array2DCreateFromArray($ar_Final )/_Array2dDisplay($ar2_Array, "Sorted", 0)
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <File.au3>
;and for _ArrayViewText($ar2_Array, 'Display')
;local $ar_Final[1],$r,$s_Split=" "; $s_Split=@tab
local $ar_Final[1],$r,$s_Split=@tab
MsgBox(0,"FlowParser - Instructions","Step 1:" & @CRLF & "First you must select your exported CellQuest Pro Statistics File.")
$Txtfile=FileOpenDialog("Select CellQuest Pro Statistics File.",@ScriptDir,"All (*.*)")
If @error Then
    MsgBox(48,"FlowParser","You must select a CellQuest Pro statistics file!")
    Exit
EndIf
MsgBox(0,"FlowParser - Instructions","Step 2:" & @CRLF & "Now you must name the Excel file you wish to export the statistics to.")
$FilePath=FileSaveDialog( "Choose a name for the Excel file.", @ScriptDir, "Excel (*.xls)")
If @error Then
    MsgBox(48,"FlowParser","You must specify a name for the Excel file to be created!")
    Exit
EndIf
If StringLower(StringRight($FilePath,4)) <> ".xls" Then
    $FilePath = $FilePath & ".xls"
EndIf
$ShortFilePathArray = StringSplit($FilePath,"\")
$ShortFilePath = _ArrayPop($ShortFilePathArray)

$ReadFile=FileOpen($Txtfile,0); Open the log file

$count = FileRead($Txtfile); count the number of lines in this weird file.
$count = StringSplit($count,@CR,1)
$count = (100/((($count[0])-2)/11))
$Progress = $count

$Line=FileReadLine($ReadFile);read first line which is not needed; then ignore

ProgressOn("FlowParser - Progress", "Parsing Flow Cytometry Data")
while 1
    $Line=FileReadLine($ReadFile); read line1 of each 11; if not exists, exit; send line 1 to the func for processing
    If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop
    $r+=1
    redim $ar_Final[ubound($ar_Final)+1]; every extra line of results needs array to be increased dimension to accept extra
    $ar_Final[$r]=_Read11Lines($ReadFile,$Line,$s_Split); call the func to process the next 11 lines of text file
;MsgBox(0,"","$ar_Final[$r]="&$ar_Final[$r])
    ProgressSet($Progress,"Saving data to " & $ShortFilePath & "...")
    $Progress = $Progress + $Count
    sleep(50)
WEnd
ProgressOff()
FileClose($Txtfile)
;_ArrayDisplay($ar_Final,"")
_ArrayDelete($ar_Final,0);([0]) element not needed
$ar2_Array=_Array2DCreateFromArray($ar_Final );#include"Array2s.au3"; use from my UDF to change 1D array of lines ("|" delimited)
;to 2D array
_Array2dDisplay($ar2_Array, "FlowParser - Raw Cytometry Data", 0);#include"Array2s.au3"; change back to 1D array only tempoirary for quick view
;_ArrayViewText($ar2_Array, 'FlowParser - Raw Cytometry Data');#include"Array2Ds.au3"; better 2D array viewer; try it!
_Array2DTranspose( $ar2_Array);? needed before transfer to XL?;#include"Array2s.au3" [Excel arrays are the other way round?]
$XLArrayAddress=_XLArrayWrite($ar2_Array,$FilePath,1,"A6",1);not tested yet
$XL=_XLWrite($FilePath,1,"G",3,"%Gated",0)
$XL=_XLWrite($FilePath,1,"H",3,"%Gated",0)
$XL=_XLWrite($FilePath,1,"G",4,"Data analysis",0)
$XL=_XLWrite($FilePath,1,"F",5,"Remarks",0)
$XL=_XLWrite($FilePath,1,"G",5,"% FL1",0)
$XL=_XLWrite($FilePath,1,"H",5,"% FL2",0)
$XL=_XLWrite($FilePath,1,"I",5,"Mean, FL1",0)
$XL=_XLWrite($FilePath,1,"J",5,"Mean, FL2",0)
$XL=_XLSetColumnWidth($FilePath,1,"A:J","Autofit",0)
$XL=_XLSetCellFontColor($FilePath,1,"C",8,5,0)
_XLClose($FilePath,1)
exit
;===================================================================================================

func _Read11Lines($ReadFile,$Line,$s_Split)
    local $n=1; line counter
    $ar_Temp=StringSplit($Line,$s_Split); split first log file line of the 11 into a temp array
    $ar_Fix=StringSplit($ar_Temp[2],"."); split the 2nd string to get Mouse Type
    $ar_Fix2=StringSplit($ar_Fix[2],"-"); split the 2nd string again to get Organ Type
    $ar_Temp[2]=$ar_Fix[1]&" / "&$ar_Fix2[1]; Combine them i.e. DBA / LN
    $s_Needed=$r&"|"&$ar_Temp[1]&"|"&$ar_Temp[2]; start building pipe - delimited string to return to the main script for this 11 lines
    while $n<11
        $n+=1
        $Line=FileReadLine($ReadFile)
        If @error = -1 Then
            MsgBox(0,"","Error, not 11 lines?")
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
        if $n=2 then; for line 2 of 11
            $ar_Temp[7]=StringTrimLeft($ar_Temp[7],6); Remove FL1-H
            $ar_Temp[7]=StringTrimRight($ar_Temp[7],6); Remove (Log)
            $ar_Temp[8]=StringTrimLeft($ar_Temp[8],6); Remove Fl2-H
            $ar_Temp[8]=StringTrimRight($ar_Temp[8],6); Remove (Log)            
            $s_Needed&="|"&$ar_Temp[7]&"|"&$ar_Temp[8]&"|"; add to pipe - delimited string
        EndIf
        if $n=8 then; for line 8 of 11
            $s_Needed&="|"&$ar_Temp[14]; add to pipe - delimited string
            $s_Delay=$ar_Temp[16]; keep out-of sequence for next string add as "$s_Delay"
        EndIf
        if $n=11 then; for line 11 of 11
            $s_Needed&="|"&$ar_Temp[14] &"|"&$s_Delay&"|"&$ar_Temp[16]; add to pipe - delimited string; include "$s_Delay"
        EndIf
    WEnd
    return $s_Needed; return building pipe - delimited string to return to the main script for this 11 lines
EndFunc ;==>_Read11Lines

I think the windows Event Log is slightly different, not to mention the .evt files are open by the OS all the time!

Has anyone done this?

I wasnt implying that this script would work for you :think:. It was answering your question as to whether it was possible to parse a log file. And providing an example with some methods.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

What about using the dumpel.exe in conjunction with AutoIt?

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/nt/atips/atips54.shtml