Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Briegel

Iniread And -write On Servershare

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm trying to read and write ini-files on a servershare. The return is every time "ERR".

$inifolder = IniRead("\\server\share\file.ini","internal-use-only","Folder","ERR")

What's wrong with this line?

$inifolder = IniRead("\\server\share\file.ini","internal-use-only","Folder","ERR")

Are there supposed to be two backslashes in the very front of the line?

The below statement is False.The above statement is True.a lesson I learned from Greenmachine; give a man a code and he'll solve one problem. Teach a man to code and he'll solve all his problems.P.S please don't use autoIt as a virus creator/spyware maker(keyLogger especially)Cick this and help me[center]My Scripts:[/center][center]Port Scanner[/center]

Are there supposed to be two backslashes in the very front of the line?

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Actually your code looks fine. I just tried using the same code against a share. Just created my own file.ini file and dropped the lines you have in there. I didn't have an issue. Could be a connection issue, rights issues, or other non-autoit issue. Maybe a hidden share without the $, or a server name fat-finger... Can't say for sure.

Edit:

improper use of your

Edited by NightGaunt

"I have discovered that all human evil comes from this, man's being unable to sit still in a room. " - Blaise Pascal

Sorry Infinitex0 and NightGaunt. The ini-files I want to read and write were corrupt or locked by anything (don't know why, notepad works all the time ).

After rebooting the server it works.