Replcae A Word That Begins With A Specific Character

Are you still here ThatsGreat2345?

People aren't slaves - they don't stick around at all times of the day just to do your bidding.

However, I happened to stop by and notice your issue, so I'll go ahead and solve your problem. Your FileRead is reading 0 bytes, which means that when it opens the file in mode 2 (erase all contents), it doesn't write anything to the file. Simply get rid of the 0 param and you'll be fine.

Change: $file = FileRead("test.txt",0) to $file = FileRead("test.txt")

no need to be upset, i just wondered if he was still there,i dont expect anyone to stay just for helping me out with every question i might have

abyway if i upset anyone iam sorry!, and thank you very much for fixing the last part, it seams to work now! thank you!

Actualy i got an error when doing what you told me to ,Incorrect parameters was the error, so i tried this insted

FileRead("test.txt",10000)

and it turned out working perfect,

but thanks anyway, for booth of your help with this, i appreciate it!

Actualy i got an error when doing what you told me to ,Incorrect parameters was the error, so i tried this insted

FileRead("test.txt",10000)

and it turned out working perfect,

but thanks anyway, for booth of your help with this, i appreciate it!

The optional second parameter is a beta change. You can get it here if you want: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/

Otherwise, use this method: FileRead ("test.txt", FileGetSize ("test.txt"))

Using a definite number usually isn't the right method.

Thank you very much this allso worked great!, much appreciated, really is! :(

i was allready using autoit-v3.1.1.120 beta, so i gues i should have used the autoit-v3.1.1.121 beta to get it working, just dident notice it was out i thought i had the latest, but so i did not, but everythings fine now so, i got some of you guys nice sugestions to play around with , and i think il download the new beta anyway ,so thank you again! :think:

Edited by Autoxics

Thank you very much this allso worked great!, much appreciated, really is! :(

i was allready using autoit-v3.1.1.120 beta, so i gues i should have used the autoit-v3.1.1.121 beta to get it working, just dident notice it was out i thought i had the latest, but so i did not, but everythings fine now so, i got some of you guys nice sugestions to play around with , and i think il download the new beta anyway ,so thank you again! :think:

I don't think it happened in the last beta... which means that you need to make sure you're RUNNING the programs with beta (Scite helps to make sure of this). Just having the beta doesn't do you any good if you still run programs with the production version.

Scite here in case you need it: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/downloads.php

In Scite, use Alt+F5 to run with beta; outside of Scite, use the AutoIt3.exe file in the beta dir.

You are right, ive been using the standard compiler, when i thought i was using the beta, Just upgraded my system a week ago with a new drive and reinstalled the Autoit again, must have done the installation like i first did when i first used Autoit, witch was installing Autoit v3 and then installing the beta, but now it works with the old code you and thatsgreat gave me, i thank you ones again for these tips you``ve been giving me and a thank you to thatsGreat aswell! thank you booth. now i hope i finally got thing working here , i have the latest beta and scite installed and things are looking great!