A Program To Work For Specified Time?

I'm new to AutoIt and I have a question.

I know how to open a program using AutoIt script. Acctually it is VLC player that records a TV program.

I would like to know how to close that program(VLC) that's recording after some time.

So.

I would like to open a program that records and automatically close it after (lets say) and hour.

Thanks!

• Moderators

I'm new to AutoIt and I have a question.

I know how to open a program using AutoIt script. Acctually it is VLC player that records a TV program.

I would like to know how to close that program(VLC) that's recording after some time.

So.

I would like to open a program that records and automatically close it after (lets say) and hour.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums...

There are a few functions you could look at. TimerInit()/TimerDiff() ... _NowTime() ... @Hour / @Min / @Sec ... _TicksToTime() / _TimeToTicks() ... All of these can be found in the Beta versions of AutoIt. From there it should just be an If/Then a While/WEnd and some math.

Beta can be found here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...opic=19717&st=0

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Welcome to the forums...

There are a few functions you could look at. TimerInit()/TimerDiff() ... _NowTime() ... @Hour / @Min / @Sec ... _TicksToTime() / _TimeToTicks() ... All of these can be found in the Beta versions of AutoIt. From there it should just be an If/Then a While/WEnd and some math.

Beta can be found here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...opic=19717&st=0

$begin = TimerInit()

Run("Notepad.exe", "")

While 1
$dif = TimerDiff($begin)
If $dif > 5000 then     ; wait 5 Secs
    WinClose("Untitled - Notepad","") 
    Exit
EndIf
WEnd

2015 - Still no flying cars, instead blankets with sleeves.