New To Autoit And Need Answer

Hey everbuddy

I just started looking at AutoIt and it seems to be powerful. Is there a script or could I get some

advice on how to write a script that would retrieve the true name of a font by entering the windows

name. Like if entering a name "Big Bad Font" would return the value "bigbadft.ttf" in other words

the true font name.

I thank you

Ok, I wrote this up for you. It will search for whatever font name you give it and give you the file name of that font back. I think it is pretty slick. It populates an array with both the font names and file names for them (information that is stored in the registry) and then uses a StringRegExp to search that information for matches (thanks neogia for the pointers). You dont even have to type in the full font name or case. For example.. you could just search for "wing" and it would return the filename of the fonts that have "wing" in their name.

Also, if you search for a general name... it will give you multiple results with their corresponding font file name.

Enjoy,

-Simucal

#include <array.au3>

Dim $FontNames[1], $i = 1, $finalresults

While 1
    $temp = RegEnumVal("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts", $i)
     If @error <> 0 then ExitLoop
     $temp2 = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts",$temp)
    _ArrayInsert ( $FontNames, ($i-1), "[ "&$temp&" : "&$temp2&" ]")
    $i = $i + 1
Wend

_ArraySort($FontNames)
;_arraydisplay($FontNames, "Font Names & Files"); uncomment this line if you want to see what the array looks like that holds all the font names/files
$FontNamesString = _ArrayToString($FontNames,@cr)
ClipPut($FontNamesString)
$searchstring = InputBox("Search", "Enter the name of the font you are searching for:")
If $searchstring = "" Then
    MsgBox(0,"Error", "You didnt enter a font name!")
    Exit
EndIf
$searchresults = StringRegExp($FontNamesString, '(?i)\[(\s*?'&$searchstring&'.*?):\s(.*?)\s\]', 3)
If IsArray($searchresults) = 1 Then
    For $i = 1 to (UBound($searchresults)/2)
        $finalresults = $finalresults & "Font: "& $searchresults[(($i*2)-2)] & @CRLF&"Filename: " & $searchresults[(($i*2)-1)]&@CRLF&@CRLF
    Next
    MsgBox(0,"Found!","Search String: "&$searchstring&@CRLF&$finalresults)
Else
    MsgBox(0,"Not Found!", "Could not find font: "&$searchstring)
EndIf
Exit

EDIT: Actually, I have a stringregexp problem.. working on it. I will post when it is fixed.

Edited by Simucal
AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

Silas wanted me to make it so that it would open a text file containing a list of font names, and it would then match those font names with their actual font file name. All of your computers font names are stored in the registry, so this snags them and puts them into an array. That array is then converted to a string and searched using a StringRegExp.

The searching for the font name is the best thing about this script, and the reason I put time into it. You can not only specify exact font names, like "Wingdings 2 (TrueType)" but you can also simply have the line say "Wing" and it will find all fonts that contain that string, or "ding", etc.

So, if you arent specific in your font name it will find multiple results.

Here is an example font name list I gave to my script (note: you must have the fonts installed on your computer for the script to find them and their appropriate file name)

Arial

Baskerville Old Face

Bauhaus 93

Bell MT

Bell MT Bold

Bell MT Italic

Belshaw

Berlin

Birmingham Sans Serif

Blue Highway Free

ZingZongDingDong

SilasIsTheMan

Ding

And here is the output my script produces:

Multiple Results Found For: Arial

Arial (TrueType) = ARIAL.TTF

Arial Black (TrueType) = ariblk.TTF

Arial Bold (TrueType) = ARIALBD.TTF

Arial Bold Italic (TrueType) = ARIALBI.TTF

Arial Italic (TrueType) = ARIALI.TTF

Arial Narrow (TrueType) = ARIALN.TTF

Arial Narrow Bold (TrueType) = ARIALNB.TTF

Arial Narrow Bold Italic (TrueType) = ARIALNBI.TTF

Arial Narrow Italic (TrueType) = ARIALNI.TTF

Baskerville Old Face = BASKVILL.TTF

Bauhaus 93 = BAUHS93.TTF

Multiple Results Found For: Bell MT

Bell MT (TrueType) = BELL.TTF

Bell MT Bold (TrueType) = BELLB.TTF

Bell MT Italic (TrueType) = BELLI.TTF

Bell MT Bold = BELLB.TTF

Bell MT Italic = BELLI.TTF

Belshaw = C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\_LDS_BELSHAW_.TTF

Multiple Results Found For: Berlin

Berlin Sans FB (TrueType) = BRLNSR.TTF

Berlin Sans FB Bold (TrueType) = BRLNSB.TTF

Berlin Sans FB Demi Bold (TrueType) = BRLNSDB.TTF

Birmingham Sans Serif = C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\_LDS_Birmingham_Sans.ttf

Multiple Results Found For: Blue Highway Free

Blue Highway Free (TrueType) = C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\_LDS_blue highway free.ttf

Blue Highway Free D (TrueType) = C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\_LDS_blue highway free D.ttf

Multiple Results Found For: Ding

Webdings (TrueType) = webdings.TTF

WingDings (TrueType) = WINGDING.TTF

Wingdings 2 (TrueType) = WINGDNG2.TTF

Wingdings 3 (TrueType) = WINGDNG3.TTF

No Results Found For: ZingZongDingDong

No Results Found For: SilasIsTheMan

So, You can modify this script to format the results however you want silas.

This was actually a pretty fun script to write because I love RegExp's and I wanted to test them out to search for a particular set of characters anywhere in a string. Neogia helped me out a ton in finding the error in my RegExp and how the '[' needed to be doubled backslashed. Thanks neogia!

Here is the script:

#include <array.au3>
#include <file.au3>

Dim $FontNames[1], $fontname_array, $i = 1, $x = 1, $finalresults

If @OSTYPE = "WIN32_NT" Then $regkey = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts"
If @OSTYPE = "WIN32_WINDOWS" Then $regkey = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Fonts"

While 1
    $temp = RegEnumVal($regkey, $i)
    If @error <> 0 Then ExitLoop
    $temp2 = RegRead($regkey, $temp)
    _ArrayInsert($FontNames, ($i - 1), "[ " & $temp & " : " & $temp2 & " ]")
    $i = $i + 1
WEnd

_ArraySort($FontNames)
;_arraydisplay($FontNames, "Font Names & Files"); uncomment this line if you want to see what the array looks like that holds all the font names/files
$FontNamesString = _ArrayToString($FontNames, @CR)
$open_file_path = FileOpenDialog("Font Names List", @ScriptDir, "Text files (*.txt)")
_FileReadToArray($open_file_path, $fontname_array)
For $x = 1 To $fontname_array[0]
    $searchresults = StringRegExp($FontNamesString, '(?i)\[([^\\[]*?' & $fontname_array[$x] & '.*?):\s(.*?)\]', 3)
    If IsArray($searchresults) = 1 Then
        If UBound($searchresults) = 2 Then
            $finalresults = $finalresults & $fontname_array[$x] & " = " & $searchresults[1] & @CRLF
        ElseIf UBound($searchresults) > 2 Then
            $finalresults = $finalresults & @CRLF & "Multiple Results Found For: " & $fontname_array[$x] & @CRLF
            For $i = 1 to (UBound($searchresults) / 2)
                $finalresults = $finalresults & $searchresults[ (($i * 2) - 2) ] & " = " & $searchresults[ (($i * 2) - 1) ]&@CRLF
            Next
            $finalresults = $finalresults & @CRLF
        EndIf
    Else
        $finalresults = $finalresults & "No Results Found For: " & $fontname_array[$x] & @CRLF
    EndIf
Next
msgbox(0,"Final Results", $finalresults); comment this line if you dont want to see the results, used for testing
$save_file_path = FileSaveDialog("Save Results",@ScriptDir,"Text files (*.txt)")
$save_file = FileOpen($save_file_path&".txt",2)
FileWrite($save_file,$finalresults)
FileClose($save_file)
Exit

Enjoy, and welcome to the forums Silas, I hope you stick around :think:.

-Simucal

Edited by Simucal
AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

This was actually a pretty fun script to write because I love RegExp's and I wanted to test them out to search for a particular set of characters anywhere in a string. Neogia helped me out a ton in finding the error in my RegExp and how the '[' needed to be doubled backslashed. Thanks neogia!

Simucal,

Pretty slick script. Thanks for sharing.

It's what makes AutoIt and this forum so great.

Thanks to neogia also.

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs