How Do I Watch For A Folder Update

I want to have a script that is really boring

It would sit all day long and watch to see if there are any additions to a folder and if so, prompts the user to see if they want to run another script to open and execute the list of newly added files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

You can check the timestamps on the files/folder to see if anything is new--meaning newer than the last time you checked. You can do this by dropping an INI file with the last date & time you checked and check to see if anything was created and/or modified after that time.

And you could use DirGetSize(int the helpfiles) to monitor the directory and then only perfomrm the check described by SerialKiller when the size of the directory is increased.

_____________________________________________________"some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"Wallpaper Changer - Easily Change Your Windows Wallpaper

• Moderators

And you could use DirGetSize(int the helpfiles) to monitor the directory and then only perfomrm the check described by SerialKiller when the size of the directory is increased.

I think the timestamp is a better idea, what if the update was the same size (they delete one option to put another the same size as an example).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.