Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ScriptNewb

Noob Trying To Automate Dialup Connection

6 posts in this topic

New to the forums,

This is my first time scripting and I understand a bit how this works however I have been assigned the task at work to automate the dialup connection wizard for our wininstall unattended builds. I can get to the main screen, but after that I'm lost.

Run("Control netconnections")

However, I need to open the "New Connection" wizard. There is no control ID for the icon so I cannot do a control click nor can I do the mouseclick function because the window opens up differently for different machines.

Any thoughts?

A newb.

Could you use the command line command rasdial ?

Get Beta versions Here Get latest SciTE editor Here AutoIt 1-2-3 by Valuater - A great starting point.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Yea, Rasdial would be the way to go.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

I have read that is the way to go, did some research on it but I'm not clear how I would add that to the command line in script form. There is this syntax:

rasdial connectionname [username [password | *]] [/domain:domain] [/phone:phonenumber] [/callback:callbacknumber] [/phonebook:phonebookpath] [/prefixsuffix]

The rasdial command disconnects a network connection by using the following syntax:

rasdial [connectionname] /disconnect

How would I include this into my script for automating it?

Also, we are trying to setup a connection for many laptops without a name, password, and ISP, just a phone number.

By the way, thanks for responses!

Newb

Try

run("rasdial test /phone:123456789")

Remember to change 123456789 for your phone no.

Get Beta versions Here Get latest SciTE editor Here AutoIt 1-2-3 by Valuater - A great starting point.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

at work to automate the dialup connection wizard for our wininstall unattended builds.

I can get to the main screen, but after that I'm lost.

Run("Control netconnections")

this runs the modem wizard :

Run("rundll32 rnaui.dll,RnaWizard")

www.google.com search for RUNDLL RUNDLL32