Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RagnaroktA

Unterminated String In File...

13 posts in this topic

I get the following AutoIt error:

Unterminated string in file %Path%, line 5

BUT, the error will only pop if the script is compiled. The .au3 runs fine. What is the quickest/easiest way to find the problem string in a script that is about 3500 lines? Is there one?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

I get the following AutoIt error:

Unterminated string in file %Path%, line 5

BUT, the error will only pop if the script is compiled. The .au3 runs fine. What is the quickest/easiest way to find the problem string in a script that is about 3500 lines? Is there one?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

use au3check to check your source ....

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

well it says LINE 5

I'm sure it's not line 5.

Line 5 is:

;** AUT2EXE settings

Under compiler directives...

Where can I find au3check?

Edit: Nevermind, I use the CompileAU3 wrapper, and that uses au3check before compiling... Any ideas?

Edited by RagnaroktA

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

I'm sure it's not line 5.

Line 5 is:

;** AUT2EXE settings

Under compiler directives...

Where can I find au3check?

Doesn't look like an AutoIt3 Error because a compiled script doesn't know the linenumber and will say line 0 ...

Au3check thread is in the developers forum..

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Doesn't look like an AutoIt3 Error because a compiled script doesn't know the linenumber and will say line 0 ...

Au3check thread is in the developers forum..

That's what I was thinking, I've never seen a compiled script return anything other than line 0... So you think it's an au3check error?

That's what I was thinking, I've never seen a compiled script return anything other than line 0... So you think it's an au3check error?

nope....

are you shelling any program ?

How does the error window look ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

nope....

are you shelling any program ?

How does the error window look ?

Posted Image

Just ran Au3Check on the file and exported it to a text file, and nothing about not closing a string. I am shelling within the program, but inside of functions, and the error pops before the splash of the program is ever shown, so it cant be erroring out on a shelled program. At least I dont think...

Edited by RagnaroktA

i would guess you are using a "Run" command

that error has a "space" in it...so

either use filegetshortname or double quotes

hobbyist opinion

8)

NEWHeader1.png

#10 ·  Posted (edited)

Posted Image

Just ran Au3Check on the file and exported it to a text file, and nothing about not closing a string. I am shelling within the program, but inside of functions, and the error pops before the splash of the program is ever shown, so it cant be erroring out on a shelled program. At least I dont think...

This is an AutoIt3 error ... just checked the source...

Can you PM me your script so i can have a look?

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

#12 ·  Posted

There are some other reports of this error......

Like #region -- Comment's that cause error

I PMed you a link, but the script works now...

I changed nothing at all, recompiled for the 30th time, and bam. Works like a charm. It's mocking me.

#13 ·  Posted

I PMed you a link, but the script works now...

I changed nothing at all, recompiled for the 30th time, and bam. Works like a charm. It's mocking me.

Had a quick look and couldn't find an issue with either the #region or Line continuations.....

I cannot compile it because i am missing too much files.....

You didn't update the Beta version or something ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.