Sign in to follow this  

Odd Gui 'feature' Using Guictrlcreatecombo

Hi there

Found a curiosity today... Created a simple GUI that reads in data from text file, and then creates a Combo control that includes the data. The data in the text file is in the format "name|name|name|" etc, so the GUIcreate splits the names ok.

GUICtrlCreateCombo ("UNKNOWN", 12,24,180,24)
GUICtrlSetData(-1," |" & $info,"UNKNOWN");where $info is the text from the file as above
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFFFBF0)

On my home setup (XP Home SP1) it works fine. Same on XPproSP2. I took it to a works PC - to be honest I can't guarantee it is WinXP (may well have been Win2000 - although i'm fairly sure its XP with "Best Performance" settings etc) - compiled script started up ok, and obviously read the text file and created the GUI... except that clicking the combo box doesn't produce a dropdown at all... literally you see the box with the default "UNKNOWN" entry, and nothing happens on clicking the box. Anyone else had similar ?

(PS - i'll confirm exact OS / environment tomorrow)

Edited by plastix

GUICtrlCreateCombo ("UNKNOWN", 12,24,180,150)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.