Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JamesNL

Trigger An Event When An Input Is Focussed

11 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi,

I'm currently writing a program for an unattended installation, but I want to be able to specify some parameters before the installer starts.

I've created a timer using Adlib (also using Adlib for some other functions), but I want to stop the timer when an input-field is focussed (GUICtrlCreateInput).

I tried this, but it doesn't work as expected, even better: nothing happens!

If GUICtrlGetState($elm) = $GUI_FOCUSThen
    AutoStartClear()
EndIf

Any suggestions on how I can invoke that function when a control is focussed?

P.S. I've also created a serial number box using some functions, it automatically adds dashes and removes odd characters like $^#&, i've attached the script. If somebody has got a better solution for a serial-number-box, I'd like to hear it :( (A masked edit-control would be very nice :))

serial2.au3

Edited by JamesNL

aybe..

; Serialcode formatteren
; (c) Alex van Herwijnen

#Include <GUIConstants.au3>
;AdlibEnable("FormatSerial")
;~ #NoTrayIcon
$myGui = GUICreate("", 350, 50, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP)
GUISetBkColor(0x4E6FD6)
_GuiRoundCorners($myGui, 0, 0, 50, 50)

$input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 25,15,280, -1, $ES_UPPERCASE)
GUICtrlSetLimit(-1, 29);
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "Lucida Console")
$GO = GUICtrlCreateButton("Go", 305,15,30, 20, $ES_UPPERCASE)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()  
    Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $msg = $GO
            AdlibEnable("FormatSerial")
        ; or just FormatSerial()
    EndSelect
    Sleep(1)
WEnd

8)

NEWHeader1.png

That's nice, Valuater, but not exactly what I meant, I really want it to happen when a key is pressed...

Where is $elm in your script, what is $elm? If you know what the ClassNameNN of the Control you want to do something if it has focus then you could do:

If ControlFocus($Main) = 'Edit1' Then

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

$elm is an earlier created input field, using GUICtrlCreateInput.

SmOke_N: that's it! Only I use ControlGetFocus in stead of ControlFocus, but it works like a charm :):(

Edited by JamesNL

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Can you tell us what you actually want to accomplish with the script you provided, it seems you have a question about one thing, and provided a script on another?

It's hard to give an example of what we would do with at least a recreation script of the current problem if you know what I mean.

In the StripTags($invoer) function, are you wanting only to allow regular letters / numbers? I ask this because of the $denyString.

Edit:

Just read your edit:

Ok, good, now disregard the 1st 2 lines there, on to the serial number question.

Edit2:

ControlGetFocus forces focus on a control, I thought you only wanted to do something "If" a control had focus?

Edited by SmOke_N

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

Can you tell us what you actually want to accomplish with the script you provided, it seems you have a question about one thing, and provided a script on another?

It's hard to give an example of what we would do with at least a recreation script of the current problem if you know what I mean.

I know what you mean, the attached script is a part of a larger script I'm working on, and I only want to check for the serial number when the field is focussed.

In the StripTags($invoer) function, are you wanting only to allow regular letters / numbers? I ask this because of the $denyString.

Indeed, that's what I want

Edit:

Just read your edit:

Ok, good, now disregard the 1st 2 lines there, on to the serial number question.

Edit2:

ControlGetFocus forces focus on a control, I thought you only wanted to do something "If" a control had focus?

Now you're confused, ControlFocus focusses a control, ControlGetFocus returns the focussed control :)

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

Indeed, that's what I want

Try this:
MsgBox(0, 'Test', StripTags("`I~!@#$%^&*()a_+=m[]}{\T';:e|/s.,?t>i<áàänâgëéèêîïí1ìöôó2òúùûü3ÿý"))

Func StripTags($invoer)
    Local $storeinfo = ''
    $invoer = StringSplit($invoer, '', 1)

For $i = 1 To UBound($invoer) - 1
        If StringIsASCII($invoer[$i]) And StringIsAlNum($invoer[$i]) Then _
                $storeinfo = $storeinfo & $invoer[$i]
    Next
    Return $storeinfo
EndFunc
I'll look at the rest later this evening, going to be getting ready for my sons bday party in a few minutes and can't concentrate with all the kids in the house at the moment.

Now you're confused, ControlFocus focusses a control, ControlGetFocus returns the focussed control :)

I'll chalk that up to the hangover, but yep!!

Edit:

The more I thought about the above function in the 2 minutes of quiet in my home, the more I realized you just needed StringRegExpReplace:

MsgBox(0, 'Test', StripTags("`I~!@#$%^&*()a_+=m[]}{\T';:e|/s.,?t>i<áàänâgëéèêîïí1ìöôó2òúùûü3ÿý"))

Func StripTags($invoer)
    Return StringRegExpReplace($invoer, '[^a-zA-Z0-9]', '')
EndFunc
Edited by SmOke_N

Try this:

Func StripTags($invoer)
    Local $storeinfo = ''
    $invoer = StringSplit($invoer, '', 1)

For $i = 1 To UBound($invoer) - 1
        If StringIsASCII($invoer[$i]) And StringIsAlNum($invoer[$i]) Then _
                $storeinfo = $storeinfo & $invoer[$i]
    Next
    Return $storeinfo
EndFunc
I'll look at the rest later this evening, going to be getting ready for my sons bday party in a few minutes and can't concentrate with all the kids in the house at the moment.I'll chalk that up to the hangover, but yep!!

Edit:

The more I thought about the above function in the 2 minutes of quiet in my home, the more I realized you just needed StringRegExpReplace:

Func StripTags($invoer)
    Return StringRegExpReplace($invoer, '[^a-zA-Z0-9]', '')
EndFunc
Thanks for your effort, Smoke_N, but the dashed should remain too, do you know how I can keep them with this RegExp?

By the way, congrats with your son :)

#10 ·  Posted

getting ready for my sons bday party

congrats here too!

8)

NEWHeader1.png

#11 ·  Posted

Thanks for your effort, Smoke_N, but the dashed should remain too, do you know how I can keep them with this RegExp?

By the way, congrats with your son :(

Thanks JamesNL and Valuater, it was a huge success (They successfully gave me a splitting headache :) )

By "dash" do you mean "hyphen"?

MsgBox(0, 'Test', StripTags("`I~!@#$%^&*()-a_+=m-[]}{\T';:e|/s.,?t>i<áàänâgëéèêîïí-1ìöôó-2òúùûü-3ÿý"))

Func StripTags($invoer)
    Return StringRegExpReplace($invoer, '[^a-zA-Z0-9-]', '')
EndFunc