Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vickerps

Creating multiple forms

3 posts in this topic

Hi i am currently writing a script that has several form which are accessed back and forth via a back and next button on each i have created this but im sure im doing a messy way is can anyone give me help. I look at that autoit 123 which does what im after but i can not look at the source code. The decompiler doesn't work.

Here what i have done so far

#INCLUDE <Process.au3>
#INCLUDE <File.au3>
#INCLUDE <GUIConstants.au3>

Opt("GUICoordMode",1)
$Firstwindow = GuiCreate("Firstwindow",530,300,-1,-1,$WS_SYSMENU+$WS_MINIMIZEBOX,$WS_EX_TOPMOST)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

$Next1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Next",400,225,120,40)

GUICtrlSetState(-1,$GUI_FOCUS)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;  -
; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Opt("GUICoordMode",1)
$Secondwindow = GuiCreate("Secondwindow",530,300,-1,-1,$WS_SYSMENU+$WS_MINIMIZEBOX,$WS_EX_TOPMOST)

$back1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Back",280,225,120,40)
$Next2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Next",400,225,120,40)
;  -
Opt("GUICoordMode",1)
$Thirdwindow = GuiCreate("Thirdwindow",530,300,-1,-1,$WS_SYSMENU+$WS_MINIMIZEBOX,$WS_EX_TOPMOST)

$back2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Back",280,225,120,40)
$Finish= GUICtrlCreateButton("Finish",400,225,120,40)
;  - onEvent queries

;  - onEvent queries when user press a button of menu button
WHILE 1

$Msg=GUIGetMsg()

SELECT 

Case $msg = $Next1

GUISwitch($Secondwindow)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
    GUISwitch($Firstwindow)
    GUISetState (@SW_HIDE)

Case $msg = $Next2

GUISwitch($Thirdwindow)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
    GUISwitch($Secondwindow)
    GUISetState (@SW_HIDE)

Case $msg = $back1
    GUISwitch($Firstwindow)
    GUISetState (@SW_SHOW)
    GUISwitch($Secondwindow)
    GUISetState(@SW_HIDE)

Case $msg = $back2
    GUISwitch($Secondwindow)
    GUISetState (@SW_SHOW)
    GUISwitch($Thirdwindow)
    GUISetState(@SW_HIDE)

Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE 

EXIT

Case $msg = $Finish
    GUISwitch($Thirdwindow)
    GUISetState(@SW_HIDE) 
    ExitLoop

EndSelect
WEnd

msgbox(0,"Finished","Bye")

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

If I wasn't at school I'd provide a example but here are some pointers.

1. You could just put all the controls on the same GUI and hide/unhide those with GuiCtrlSetState()

2. Instead of using GuiSwitch() so much you could do for example, GUISetState(@SW_SHOW,$Firstwindow)

Hallman

Edited by Hallman

If I wasn't at school I'd provide a example but here are some pointers.

1. You could just put all the controls on the same GUI and hide/unhide those with GuiCtrlSetState()

2. Instead of using GuiSwitch() so much you could do for example, GUISetState(@SW_SHOW,$Firstwindow)

Hallman

Thank for the reply. I don't think point 1 is pratical seeing for amount of controls i would be using. I will give point 2 ago never thought of doing it that way thanks. What i am trying to achieve with the multiple forms is somthing like a sysprep utility. Autoit 1-2-3 uses the method i am trying to do on the "Scripts and Scraps" page.