Launching Script After Boot Up

Hi guy

I have wrote a script that requires you to reboot i have used the runonce key in the registry to launch the script after the reboot however it seem to launch the app before windows has fully loaded I.e now taskbar and processor still doing lots of work which makes the app lose focus. Is there anyway to get the app to appear after XP has finished the loading process.

Depending on what you are trying to do, you might be able to get around the loss of focus by careful coding. :D

Example: Instead of assuming / relying on having focus for the Send command, try the Control*** commands (ControlSend; ControlSetText; etc) which don't require focus.

HTH

What if you make a link with 'FileCreateShortcut' to your compiled script (I think) in the @StartupCommonDir ?

This will only start if the explorer is loaded you know...

Maybe you can write every step to an ini-file so you're script knows everytime what the next step is...

Edited by Holger

Hi guy

I have wrote a script that requires you to reboot i have used the runonce key in the registry to launch the script after the reboot however it seem to launch the app before windows has fully loaded I.e now taskbar and processor still doing lots of work which makes the app lose focus. Is there anyway to get the app to appear after XP has finished the loading process.

I remember Larry saying that the Run key runs after windows is up, and it's tested out that way for me.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)