Autoit Error (line:1)

When I attempt to run my script I recieve "Autoit error (line:1)" "Error: Invalid Command!" I've only used Autoit one other time for the same purpose. My script is written in an excel spreadsheet which I use to copy a data list into. I then convert it to an .ini file.

• Developers

When I attempt to run my script I recieve "Autoit error (line:1)" "Error: Invalid Command!" I've only used Autoit one other time for the same purpose. My script is written in an excel spreadsheet which I use to copy a data list into. I then convert it to an .ini file.

maybe you can post whats on line 1... would be easier to determine the problem..

And also tell us the name of the File to see if you use V2 or V3....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks for the response. Here are the first few lines:

;JKS Script

WinActivate,ECHO1 - RUMBA Mainframe Display

;Lastname ;First ;Addr1 ;Addr2

Send, AALTO \, T. LOUISE #{TAB}{TAB} 751 MAIN ST #{TAB}{TAB} #{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB} SOUTH PORTLAND {TAB} ME 04106 {F9}13{F4}{F4}{F5}

Send, AASKOV \, BERYL P. #{TAB}{TAB} 146 ANTHOINE ST #{TAB}{TAB} #{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB} SOUTH PORTLAND {TAB} ME 04106 {F9}13{F4}{F4}{F5}

• Developers

just copied you lines of code and saved it as test.aut .

then did a rghtmouseclick RUN and it just ran... no errors...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

can you mail me the script that gicvbe the error so i can have a look ?

jvdzande at yahoo dot com

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

just mailed it back....

There were 3 strange ascii characters at the start of the file that didn't show up in Notepad... and got Autoit confused.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.