Run and end script at specified time

Oh, it was hijacked many posts ago!

I too was referring to the "AutoIt version", which I have around (actually I have both), but don't use for abovementioned reason (basically, any application that maximizes itself on launch, a-la Windows 3.1, deserves immediate deletion).

In my SciTE, "Ctrl-Shift-D" creates a MsBox Line, and "ALT-F5" creates a ConsoleWrite. I've customised nothing in it, so those must be the standard shortcuts. Most decent editors allow you to set hotkeys for such things, and a whole lot more, besides. How do you "run with selection as command-line parameters"? "ALT-\" innit? Oh, that's just my editor, SciTE has no such functionality.

Anyway, the intention was not to be editor-specific, but simply to point folk who still use MsgBox as a debug tool towards the possibility of something far superior. If that piques their curiosity, a few seconds in the manual will lead them to the actual implementation.

For one line, it was pretty efficient, I think.

-mu

I too was referring to the "AutoIt version", which I have around (actually I have both), but don't use for abovementioned reason (basically, any application that maximizes itself on launch, a-la Windows 3.1, deserves immediate deletion).

Add this to Scite's user.properties (User Option File)

## Scite start position and size
position.left=100
position.top=100
position.width=800
position.height=600

In my SciTE, "Ctrl-Shift-D" creates a MsBox Line, and "ALT-F5" creates a ConsoleWrite. I've customised nothing in it, so those must be the standard shortcuts. Most decent editors allow you to set hotkeys for such things, and a whole lot more, besides. How do you "run with selection as command-line parameters"? "ALT-\" innit? Oh, that's just my editor, SciTE has no such functionality.

Scite can pass script commandline parameter functionality. If this is to run only select text, then Lua could be used or even create a tool from AutoIt where the selection is passed to the AutoIt script to run it with AutoIt3.exe. If you search around, people do make their own Scite tools to suit.

Anyway, the intention was not to be editor-specific, but simply to point folk who still use MsgBox as a debug tool towards the possibility of something far superior. If that piques their curiosity, a few seconds in the manual will lead them to the actual implementation.

For one line, it was pretty efficient, I think.

MsgBox can stop at script much like a breakpoint in a debugger where as ConsoleWrite cannot. So the 2 are not the same to difference. This means neither is superior to the other. Edited by MHz