Sign in to follow this  
odklizec

Sam Loyd's Fifteen puzzle

Hi folks,

I just created this nice little game for your pleasure (while testing AutoIt capabilities). You know..this is a well known board game with 15 stones. The stones are randomized and you should reorder them using the empty space. The game is always solvable..no dead ends :)

I'm curious about your result! Anything under 100 turns is great result. If you do it above 200..well, you should try it again :( Even child can do it above 200..

Posted Image

15.au3

I really like this game :(

On my Mac I have it on my dashboard, except it's a jumbled picture of a Tiger (Mac OSX Tiger :)).

I also have one that's a small metal square with re-arrangable pieces; I got it one Christmastime and liked it. Kinda a lame gift, though :D

Ha, I haven't been on these forums since... 2006, almost. Behold, my legacy signature:My AutoIt idol is Valuater. You know you love him, too.My Stuff: D&D AGoT Tools Suite

Excellent work, any cahnce of making this capable of loading a picture, cutting it into 16 pieces, and using the pieces of the picture to move around....? Probably pretty hard but itd be cool to do, great work tho! :)

_____________________________________________________"some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"Wallpaper Changer - Easily Change Your Windows Wallpaper

Excellent work, any cahnce of making this capable of loading a picture, cutting it into 16 pieces, and using the pieces of the picture to move around....? Probably pretty hard but itd be cool to do, great work tho! :)

Well, this shouldn't be so hard to do this using for example irfanview (command line version) to crop the selected image. But because I prefer a built in functions, I'm looking for image crop using the windows calls (GDI or GDI+). But at the moment, I don't have any clue how to do that :( Any idea? I know this was discussed several times in the past, but I don't think the irfanview way is the best option :D We have to find a better one..