Fileopen Error

I have been trying everything I can think of to get these files in this loop to open. It says invalid filename, but I am using a filehandle?

#include <file.au3>

$basefolder = IniRead(@ScriptDir & "/updater.ini", "options", "basefolder", "none" )
$filetoupdate = IniRead( @ScriptDir & "/updater.ini", "options", "filetoupdate", "none" )
$holderfile = IniRead( @ScriptDir & "/updater.ini", "options", "holderfile", "none" )
$searchtext = IniRead( @ScriptDir & "/updater.ini", "options", "searchtext", "none" )
$newtext = IniRead( @ScriptDir & "/updater.ini", "options", "newtext", "none" )
;check for ini read
If $basefolder = "none" Or $filetoupdate = "none" Or $holderfile = "none" Or $searchtext = "none" Or $newtext = "none" Then
    MsgBox(4096, "File Error", "Unable to open and read options file")
    Exit
EndIf
;Delete existing file if script was previously run and ended with error.
If FileExists( $basefolder & $holderfile) Then
    FileDelete( $basefolder & $holderfile) 
EndIf
;Run dir command and pipe to holder file to reading
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c dir "'& $basefolder & $filetoupdate &'" /b/s > "'& $basefolder & $holderfile &'"')
;Name holderfile    
$listingfile = $basefolder & $holderfile

Dim $aRecords
If Not _FileReadToArray($listingfile,$aRecords) Then
   MsgBox(4096,"Error", " Error reading log to Array     error:" & @error)
   Exit
EndIf
For $x = 1 to $aRecords[0]

If $aRecords[$x] = "" Then
        ContinueLoop
    EndIf

FileWriteLine( "log.txt", $aRecords[$x] )
    $a = $aRecords[$x]
    MsgBox(262144,'Debug line ~37','Selection:' & @lf & '$a' & @lf & @lf & 'Return:' & @lf & $a & @lf & @lf & '@Error:' & @lf & @Error);### Debug MSGBOX

FileOpen($a, 0)
    MsgBox(262144,'Debug line ~37','Selection:' & @lf & 'FileOpen($aRecords[$x],0)' & @lf & @lf & 'Return:' & @lf & FileOpen($aRecords[$x],0) & @lf & @lf & '@Error:' & @lf & @Error);### Debug MSGBOX

Next

$basefolder = IniRead(@ScriptDir & "/updater.ini", "options", "basefolder", "none" )
$filetoupdate = IniRead( @ScriptDir & "/updater.ini", "options", "filetoupdate", "none" )
$holderfile = IniRead( @ScriptDir & "/updater.ini", "options", "holderfile", "none" )
$searchtext = IniRead( @ScriptDir & "/updater.ini", "options", "searchtext", "none" )
$newtext = IniRead( @ScriptDir & "/updater.ini", "options", "newtext", "none" )

;Delete existing file if script was previously run and ended with error.
If FileExists( $basefolder & $holderfile) Then
    FileDelete( $basefolder & $holderfile) 
EndIf
I stopped right there, although i see the same error throughout your script. When you called for the IniRead with the variables, such as $basefolder, that sets the variable equal to the info within the .ini file. It does not name the file the variable. The file name is still "updater.ini", not $basefolder, etc..

Nomad.

Edit: nvm, I didn't look closer. I see now that you were calling the file names from the .ini file and executing them that way. My mistake. :)

Edited by Nomad

You are using FileOpen without using the handle returned and are not using FileClose to close the handle each time. Also to note, you are using the read parameter setting with FileOpen without reading a file except for _FileReadToArray which is already self-contained.