Help with IFs and an option to switch

I am new to Autoit so I am still learning the basics. I did look for 2 hours in the Autoit help and in this forum but was not able to find a solution to my problem.

What I want to do is similar to searching the right and left side of 2 pages for a certain color. Note only 1 of the sides of 1 of the pages will ever be this color and 1 of the sides of 1 of the pages will always be this color. So the color does exsist and it will never be more than 1 of the 4 options.

Sorta like this:

;Page 1 first

If right side is green Then

Perform action

End If

If left side is green Then

Perform action

End If

(This is part I can not figure out)

If neither the right or left side of page 1 is green then switch to page 2 and test again. If either the right or left side of page 1 was found to be green then skip the next 2 Ifs.

;this would search page 2

If right side is green Then

Perform action

End If

If left side is green Then

Perform action

End If

How would I do this?

Thanks for your help

Rozar

Welcome Rozar,

Let's see if I can work with your dream code.

Code as below with an If block shows:

• If right side is green then execute condition and then exit If block. If false, then test next condition.
  • If left side is green then execute condition and then exit If block. If false, then test next condition.
  • If all false conditons above, then execute condition.
If right side is green Then ; test 1st condition and if true, then perform action.
    Perform action
ElseIf left side is green Then ; test 2nd condition (only if 1st condition was false)
    Perform action
Else ; Use 3rd condition (only if all above conditions were false)
    Switch page
EndIf

:D

If right side is green Then ; test 1st condition and if true, then perform action.

Perform action

ElseIf left side is green Then ; test 2nd condition (only if 1st condition was false)

Perform action

Switch page

EndIf

I cant get this to work either because it would need to look like this:

Perform action

Perform action

Switch page (this is where I am having the problem, It stops after switch page)

Perform action

Else left side is green Then ; test 2nd condition (only if 1st condition was false)

Perform action

EndIf

EndIf

you might want to see help on

PixelSearch()

to search the area(s) for the green color

8)

I am not having problems with PixelSearch. I can find the color.

While 1
        Perform action
        ExitLoop ; Take this out if you want it to loop forever
        Perform action
        ExitLoop ; Take this out if you want it to loop forever
        If page is 1 Then
            Switch to page 2
        ElseIf page is 2 Then
            Switch to page 1
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd

Ha, I haven't been on these forums since... 2006, almost. Behold, my legacy signature:My AutoIt idol is Valuater. You know you love him, too.My Stuff: D&D AGoT Tools Suite

I made this real simple to show what I am having a problem with, I can check page 1 for the Checksum and if its true this works fine. Its when page 1 does not have the Checksum that is the problem. I send the "W" key to change the page and the process ends without checking for the checksum again. I need it to restart again at the "If" and check for the Checksum on page 2. The Checksum will always either be on page 1 or 2 and is always in the same place. I just need to know which page and perform the mouse clicks on that page.

$ClickDelay = 800

$checksum = PixelChecksum(448, 153, 452, 157) ; left side of page Pixel Check

$yes = 1

While $yes

If $checksum = 1443501671 Then ; this part works if this is true is does action and exits

MouseClick ("left", 450, 160, 1, 1)

Sleep($ClickDelay)

MouseClick ("left", 250, 250, 1, 1)

Sleep($ClickDelay)

ExitLoop

Else

Send("{w}") ;this part does NOT work, it stops here and does not start again at "If"

Sleep($ClickDelay)

$yes = 0

EndIf

WEnd

Im still new at this but for the life of me I cant make autoit send a command (in this case the "w" key to change the page and then do the "If" process again.

Thanks for the help

Rozar

need to place this line

$checksum = PixelChecksum(448, 153, 452, 157) ; left side of page Pixel Check

just after the while $yes... not before

8)

EDIT ...

also, $yes = 0 makes the loop end

8)

Thank you for the help, it now works :D

Rozar

Im sure I will be back with more newb question

As a follow up, this script is for a game and sometimes lag can do funny things. Would there be a way to limit the number of times the above script would loop? 2 would be enough. Then have it stop.

Rozar

As a follow up, this script is for a game and sometimes lag can do funny things. Would there be a way to limit the number of times the above script would loop? 2 would be enough. Then have it stop.

Rozar

Dim $i=0

While $i< 2
;Rest of script
$i=$i+1
Wend

That with repaet anything in the "Rest of script" 2 times

(I would have made the whole code for you, but my copy and paste is broken on mozilla FF) :">

Hope that helps