FileInstall ...

Hi,

i want to write an Install Programm but i got a problem. The programm should be a UDF so it works with Variables but with the Fileinstall function i cant use variables ...

i already tried this

Global $name = @ScriptDir & "\keks.gif"
FileInstall( FileGetLongName($name ), @ScriptDir & "\kek.gif")
oÝ÷ ٩ݶ§÷¥¶X¤z+wöYgz÷«Âäjwm®'¶¬jëh×6
#include <string.au3>
Global $name = @ScriptDir & "\keks.gif"
FileInstall( _stringencrypt( 1 , _stringencrypt(0, $name , "abc"), "abc" ), @ScriptDir & "\kek.gif")

How can i get rid of that variable shit? :D

Regards

Edited by Daniel W.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scripts : _Encrypt UDF_UniquePCCode UDF MS like calculatorInstall programm *UPDATED* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[quote name='Helge' post='213117' date='Jul 26 2006, 10:22 AM']Have you ever tried surfing the internet with a milk-carton ?This is similar to what you're trying to do.[/quote]

If you look in the help file at fileinstall, it tells you that the file to install can not be a variable it must be the full path to the file, however the path can be relative to the script, so if the file was in the same directory as the script you could Fileinstall ("myFile.dll", @tempdir & "\MyFile.dll",1)

No it should work on another way.

A window pops up where you can choose what you want to install:

for example

- Exe of file

- Source code of file

etc

And this window is called with a function

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scripts : _Encrypt UDF_UniquePCCode UDF MS like calculatorInstall programm *UPDATED* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[quote name='Helge' post='213117' date='Jul 26 2006, 10:22 AM']Have you ever tried surfing the internet with a milk-carton ?This is similar to what you're trying to do.[/quote]

No it should work on another way.

A window pops up where you can choose what you want to install:

for example

- Exe of file

- Source code of file

etc

And this window is called with a function

That is a different concept. FileInstall is used to install files included with your script. They cannot contain a variable in the source path. To do what you want, at least what I think you want, you can set a FileInstall for every file contained within your .exe and execute them under specific conditions. Like a user selecting the file. But you will still need the full source path in the FileInstall.

Nomad :D

i know how fileinstall works ... but i want to do it that way that when someone wants to upload a programm that he can create a little autoit programm like this

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <installer.au3>
_install( @ScriptDir & "\keks.gif", "C:\andthistoo.jpg")

And then the parameters that are called with _install are included in the .exe and when someone downloads the autoit programm he starts it he gets gui where he can choose the files he want to install ( in this case the both files from parameters ) and then clicks "OK" . THen he chooses the path where he want to install it and than the

FileInstall function is called with the first parameter and then again with the second parameter