GuiOnEventMode vs. Check boxes

Please pardon me if this has been asked, before. Any searches I can come up with bring back hundreds of hits.

In Event mode, I don't seem to get control when checking or unchecking a box.

Here's my program snipped down to its minimum. The msgbox never displays.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

opt('guiCloseOnEsc',0) ; don't close when hitting Esc

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; Change to OnEvent mode

$clock = GUICreate("Test",800,600,(@desktopwidth-800)/2, _

(@desktopheight-600)/3, $ws_sysmenu+$ws_caption+$ws_minimizebox)

$alarm = guictrlcreateCheckbox('Alarm' ,10,190,90,25)

GUISetOnEvent($alarm, "checkbox")

GUISetState ()

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "cleanup")

while 1

sleep(1000)

wend

exit

func Cleanup()

guiDelete($clock)

exit

EndFunc

func CheckBox()

msgbox(0,'debug',checkbox)

endfunc

• Moderators

Please use Code tags when showing your scripts... $alarm is a Control... so you need GUICtrlSetOnEvent(). Also your msgbox(0,'debug',checkbox) is missing quotes around the checkbox string there.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thanks very much for the quick response. I hadn't noticed that there were both GUISetOnEvent and GUICtrlSetOnEvent. Making that change worked.

(Sorry about the missing quotes in the msgbox; I cut a few hundred lines and many variables out to make a short test program.)

I'm afraid I had never come across the term "code tags". Based on a search (here and Google), do you just mean setting it apart with lines before and after such as:

CODE

;some code

ENDCODE

I'm afraid I had never come across the term "code tags". Based on a search (here and Google), do you just mean setting it apart with lines before and after such as:

CODE

;some code

ENDCODE

Put square brackets, i.e. [], around the word code at the begining, and /code at the end. The reply editor for this forum site has a button at the top with a # in it that will generate the tags automaticly. Just highlight the code and click the # button. To make it a scrolling code box, use the tags codebox and /codebox (in square brackets). You can also use the tags autoit and /autoit (still in the square brackets) and the web site code will try to color code it the way SciTE would.

:-)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thanks very much for the quick response. I hadn't noticed that there were both GUISetOnEvent and GUICtrlSetOnEvent. Making that change worked.

(Sorry about the missing quotes in the msgbox; I cut a few hundred lines and many variables out to make a short test program.)

CODE

;some code

ENDCODE

yeh, just when you are displaying code on the forum enlcose it in these tags [ code ] this is my code here [ /code ] (without the spaces)

Just makes it a lot easier to read and makes the code stand out from the other text in your post.

Example:

this is my code here
;also some code
3rd line of code