Lyric Finder

orange

Definatly not what I was trying to do. You just came up with a great idea and start, so I ran with it. I have a few ideas that I'm working on; browse for .mp3 and read artist & song name, save the lyrics in the idv3 tags of the opened .mp3.

As far as the exe, I won't be able to until tommorow morning.

I know! I was congratulating you on a very clean script. I learned alot from your code. that was the reason taht I posted this.

• 2 weeks later...

Another suggestion would be to add several lyrics sites that it could search through. Great little program!

JS

I found this program this morning. I think its great, but struggle to find a number of songs. (Obviously if they're not on www.absolutelylyrics.com then the program can't find them).

So I was trying to use your suggestion and add another couple of search engines. But have found that its really hard to extract just the lyrics from a site. The way absolutelylyrics.com is set up makes it easy, you just use the 'div id' tag. But it seems to be rare in that it assigns a 'div id' to the lyrics and nothing else. I've been trying to get lyrics off www.lyricsondemand.com and www.lyricsdownload.com but am really struggling to extract just the lyrics.

I wondered if you guys had any ideas?? Or perhaps its just me not being able to use IE.com properly. (To be honest I've only found it today and am not great with html so am struggling with it a bit).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

• Moderators

@locutus243

You need to look at the source and find something unique. Once you find that you have to figure out how to get from there to the lyrics. For instance on the lyricsdownload.com page, the table with the lyrics has "id=table1". So you could get a reference to that table by id then grab the innerText. Then all you have to do is strip the crap at the top.

• 2 months later...

Modified this a lot so it would work together with winamp along with some efficiency updates and GUI updates.

Closed source

Ask me and i'll consider to share.

Much respect to the original author! And many thanks that you almost commented every line very clearly.

Edited by Manadar