RegEx and IP Addresses

StringRegExp question,

Why does the search pattern:

([0-9]{1-3}\p[0-9]{1-3}\p[0-9]{1-3}\p[0-9]{1-3})

Not match with ip addresses? A few other variants I tried did not match either. What am I doing wrong?

-Simucal

Sidenote: LazyCats regex tester is pretty sweet.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...hl=stringregexp

EDIT: I dont have a script to post as an example.. I suppose I could make one up if people wanted to further clarify.

Edited by Simucal
AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

StringRegExp question,

Why does the search pattern:

Not match with ip addresses? A few other variants I tried did not match either. What am I doing wrong?

-Simucal

Sidenote: LazyCats regex tester is pretty sweet.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...hl=stringregexp

EDIT: I dont have a script to post as an example.. I suppose I could make one up if people wanted to further clarify.

for the length, use {1,3} that's an inclusive range... to identify that as the issue (because i couldn't just look at it and see that) i used \p for the pattern on an ip, and received an array of periods, so it wasn't the issue i assumed at first (that maybe the \p was documented but not implemented), then i was trying to recreate and spotted it...

Thanks camersonsdad.. I feel like an idiot. Missed that typo.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

Thanks camersonsdad.. I feel like an idiot. Missed that typo.

no problem man, always glad to help. personally i always think typo's like that are the hardest to catch, and the easiest to make. that's why i wrote what it took for me to even notice it. don't feel like an idiot for mistakes, i know that i, for one, assumed you to be human and capable of error even before this.