SMART drive Analysis

ptrex

Tried to compile the source:

WARNING: $Col_w1: possibly used before declaration.oÝ÷ Ù©ÝjÛazÚ)¶«z+ºÚ"µÍ[ÈÐÛÛ

without content and EndFunc. Guess you deleted some code by accident :).

Best Regards

I'll get it right yet. Just remove that function. I was something I was playing with and forgot to remove later. I'ts not called anyway. I'll upload again right away.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

@GEOSoft

There was also a typo in line 450 -> StringRegExpr should be -> StringRegExp

Regards

ptrex

Yes. I fixed that while I was at at. I typed $rExpr about 150 times yesterday so it never even caught my eye until today.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Heh, I get the errors that were posted like 3 from the Original Post. The 3 Com's and then AutoIt error.

Then you have a problem. It's running error free.

George

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Been a while since I was in this thread ...

I've updated to WinXP now, and the script works a charm.

Now, I'd like to incorperate part of the script into another of my projects, but can't seem to get my head around just how.

I'd like to be able to get just the current temperature of each drive, and display them in my app.

How would I go about this?

Hi All,

Been a while since I was in this thread ...

I've updated to WinXP now, and the script works a charm.

Now, I'd like to incorperate part of the script into another of my projects, but can't seem to get my head around just how.

I'd like to be able to get just the current temperature of each drive, and display them in my app.

How would I go about this?

Whats wrong with the HDA Temperature staus thats already in there? Actuall temperature should be at

$strVendorSpecific[115] but I have found no way of incorporating that in a useable manner. Of the 3 drives on this system I get the following results

C:\ = 209

D:\ = 0 (Not reported for the drive)

E:\ = 55

Also the general rule is that you compare $strVendorSpecific[$n] to $strVendorSpecific[$n-2], however in this case [113] is already in use so I'm not sure where to find the element which gives the comparison value. If you work it out then it has to be added to the dictionary, the arrays have to be resized and you have to add another row of labels to the GUI.

George

Whats wrong with the HDA Temperature staus thats already in there? Actuall temperature should be at

$strVendorSpecific[115] but I have found no way of incorporating that in a useable manner. Of the 3 drives on this system I get the following results

C:\ = 209

D:\ = 0 (Not reported for the drive)

E:\ = 55

I'll see what I can do.

To get the actual temperature of the drive, use $strVendorSpecific[$x +5]. Having the temps displayed by another program helps to find the right field by trial and error.

I think the problem I had was the displayed info had more lines of information for different drives on my system.

Now all I need to do is get the results for all drives without having to enter a drive letter. Something for later.

I'll see what I can do.

To get the actual temperature of the drive, use $strVendorSpecific[$x +5]. Having the temps displayed by another program helps to find the right field by trial and error.

I think the problem I had was the displayed info had more lines of information for different drives on my system.

Now all I need to do is get the results for all drives without having to enter a drive letter. Something for later.

You missed the point. Temperature is listed as HDA Temperature.

Edit. It's easier to see if you are using the GUI version.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

I just finished a couple of quick changes to the GUI version code. It now has an options menu where you can determine if you want the temperature returned in Celsius or Farenheit scale. I also renamed HDA Temperature to Temperature to avoid confusion.

Avilable at Smart_Analysis.au3

Edit: Note that the default scale is still Celsius. If enough people request it then I will add an Ini file to enable setting the default to Farenheit. For now I'll leave it as is.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

@GEOSoft

Very nice !!

You have to update the download file as well on you site.

good job.

regards

ptrex

Thanks ptrex and Ooooops! I'll do it right now.

George

Hi George,

Thanks again..

after i started your new version .. i had to take my notebook of my lap..

152 degrees celcius

very very hot

:P

Best regards,

Emiel

Thanks Emiel. I would think that it should have thrown a warning at that temp.

George

• 8 years later...

Guys,

I know this topic is old but, is there any way to get the Power-On Hours (POH) exatly like when i use the CrystalDiskInfo? (hours or hexadecimal) See the examples:

Thats the value that i get when i use the CrystalDiskInfo:

Smart.jpg

And here when i use a script  SMART
smart_an.jpg